[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thanks Nexon, Violet

forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
Reactions: 2,815
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Thanks Nexon. It's been about 15 months(about 450 days) since you first released Violet cubes. Since then, there have been MANY threads in which we the community have asked if and when Violet cubes would return. Since then, you have replied to 0 of those threads. You have released a few one-in-a-thousand chances to get maybe 1-3 of those cubes through hot time boxes or, in today's Black Friday special, through and extremely overpriced RNG marketing scheme. If it has not been said before, if you have forgotten, or if you have simply chosen to ignore this, I'll say it again because you should know, you are the worst.

Asking nicely does not get a reply from you. Making polls does not get a reply from you. Making petitions does not get a reply from you. I don't know what will so I will simply just say what's on my mind. I can't believe that after all this time you can't have @KThxBaiNao just say we're never getting them again and put an end to all this needless suspense and distasteful tease.

Since I heard about the migration of EU MS, I had hope that the communication between the community and Nexon would be significantly better but as it turns out, it does not seem like anything has changed. Honestly, I don't know why I am surprised. I don't know how their old community was, but I feel bad for all the European players who now have to put up with this nonsense. This 5th job patch is probably the biggest thing that will happen in GMS and I want you all to know that you're doing a *GREAT* job screwing it up.

New and returning players will start off by dealing with a plethora of bugs, incomplete events, misinformed activities, and who knows what else. And the worst part of it all is that the community is so understanding, yet Nexon refuses to establish a reliable connection in which they can inform us of what's going on. For example, the change done to the daily reset. Yesterday(or 2 days ago, who knows, since this reset thing is so out of control) Nexon had @SavageAce inform us that they reverted the hot time rewards to the previous midnight(PST) reset time. Ok... that's nice I guess but it didn't say anything regarding if the actual game reset would change with it. Nexon made a poll last week in which they asked what time we thought would be best to apply the daily reset and we haven't heard anything regarding that at all.

The lack of communication has been the #1 problem with Maplestory for so long now. To get back on point and stop my rambling(because I could go on and on), I understand there are some that are against Violet cubes but this is not about getting them anymore. It's about letting us know what is to happen with them. It's about Nexon stepping up their game and being more straightforward in how they conduct their business and appeal to the community. This is the general discussion forums so don't be shy to say what's on your mind. Let's make Nexon see this thread and do something about making maple great again(not a trump reference x_x).
deadend5193MekLilyflowerHungry4PizzaValryiaIts2Sharp4UMakazeKiba

Comments

• IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Well, violet cubes are indeed good, but too good that they would low the profits i guess, i mean you need much more cubes to get perfect lines with black and red cubes than violet cubes, so if they can it will never come back.. sadly but i guess that's how it is for now (unelss the violet cubes get expensive price)
    It's not likely they can say that in public, it's similar with the nebulites cubes, too good that they sell less gacha and stuff that give the nebs A. Would be viable only by nerfing it.

And well, i guess nexon was ''dragging'' the game for a while, it was going with the few players and whales, then V patch is comming and more people want the game fair , also there wasn't much pressure i guess from people to fix the game(bugs) and control hackers, so they just let more free, now with their big chance of V patch and merge, doing a bad impression will surely be more impactfull today than like 1 year ago, hope the game get betters.
    MakazeKiba
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    I don't know why people are so strung up on violet cubes. Sure, they give you six lines to pick three of, but they have just as much chance of being complete garbage as they do with a red or black cube. One good line and five garbage lines? You have to pick three. Next cube? Six different lines again, four of which are utter trash. And you must pick three. Next cube! Six lines to choose from, three of them are really good, but horrible for the weapon type(say, m.att% on a w.att weapon). Choose three. Next cube! All six lines are crap. You see where this is going?

To put it short, violet cubes are just as likely to give you trash lines as red, black and even meister cubes. And that seems to be the part everyone misses.

Also, making petitions doesn't really get anything done unless it's a local matter. Online petitions are an utter joke, as they can be influenced by people who are far outside the scope of what the petition encompasses. The only thing petitions are ever successfully used for is, for example, bringing something to the attention of your local city council. If a petition goes beyond the scope of a single town or community, then it's completely worthless.
    MakazeKiba
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited November 2016
    Oh geez, walls of text.

The cubes are about as likely to give you rubbish lines as any other type of cube, so it's not really that worth complaining over imo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    Violet cubes are garbage lol. Instead of 3 trash lines i used to get, i got 5-6 trash lines! Waow. This was when i bought a pack of them when they came out just that one time.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    edited November 2016
    I'm having a hard time believing that you guys were actually getting all crappy lines when you used Violet cubes. Assuming you even used Violet cube. When I used them, although I did get a lot crappy lines, I also got many more good lines. Also, I used less Violet cubes than I would have used red or black cubes in order to obtain 2 good lines on equips. Are you guys trolling? How can a cube that give you SIX lines to choose from be worse than a cube that gives you 3 fixed lines? Seriously makes 0 sense to me.
    LilyflowerMakazeKiba
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Why, then, out of all the people who must have used them so many months ago, have only a handful of people come forward to profess their unwavering love for the cubes and begged for their return? Seems that most people don't really care one way or another if they ever come back.
    MakazeKiba
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    There were a lot of people but most don't use these forums. They talk about it in game. Violet cubes are def better than red and black if you're trying to get the lines you want.
    deadend5193
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Why, then, out of all the people who must have used them so many months ago, have only a handful of people come forward to profess their unwavering love for the cubes and begged for their return? Seems that most people don't really care one way or another if they ever come back.
    ^ exactly what @peep said. As my forum name suggests, i hate forums. But for some reason i feel the need to sometimes post and talk about my disgust for the game. There have been a GREAT number of people who have quit this game since then. People who have 0 hope nexon will care about their complaint and therefore don't bother trying to get violet cubes, or anything for that matter. It's obvious that power creeps who creep for power will obviously want violet cubes for their own selfish needs. But if you really think that average players can't benefit from violet cubes more than from red or black cubes, then I question your intelligence regarding maple. And i'm sorry if i offend you.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

There were a lot of people but most don't use these forums. They talk about it in game. Violet cubes are def better than red and black if you're trying to get the lines you want.
    And there were also a lot of people that hated that we ever got violet cubes. Due to their price, their limited availability, and when they were released (right after a DMT iirc), they represented P2W with a far higher vengeance than anything released in the game previously. IMO far more people were pissed off about violet cubes coming to GMS period than people who were upset they didn't become a permanent feature of the CS
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Peep
    Peep said:

And there were also a lot of people that hated that we ever got violet cubes. Due to their price, their limited availability, and when they were released (right after a DMT iirc), they represented P2W with a far higher vengeance than anything released in the game previously. IMO far more people were pissed off about violet cubes coming to GMS period than people who were upset they didn't become a permanent feature of the CS
    I don't want them to be a permanent thing but at least a returning thing. So far it was basically a one time deal with the very unoccasional hot time event. And those people who were against them are basically against the p2w model as a whole. Which is the majority of people who play maple. We all have our opinions but I really think you can't justify nexon not returning violets without at least saying so. To this day, 15+ months later, they haven't said anything about what is to happen with Violet Cubes. Which is a goddam disgrace and pitiful.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Peep
    Peep said:

I think there was far more complaining about when they were released. There was a massive cube sale earlier and the following week I think they released Violet cubes which infuriated so many. I don't blame them.
  • YaranzoYaranzo
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    Violet Cubes completely replaces Red Cubes imo unless you're broke irl
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Yaranzo
    Yaranzo said:

Except for their god-awful tier-up chance. On the order of crafted cubes for tiering up.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Yaranzo
    Yaranzo said:

Except for their god-awful tier-up chance. On the order of crafted cubes for tiering up.
    That's because they werent' intended to be used to tier up. Only intended to be used on leg items to allow you to get perfect lines
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Aggraphine

Yaranzo
    Yaranzo said:

That's because they werent' intended to be used to tier up. Only intended to be used on leg items to allow you to get perfect lines
    ^ Exactly. I'm pretty sure Nexon is going to add them into Marvel Machine next time it comes around. Having us pay 50k nx for a CHANCE to get some Violet Cubes will be yet another one of their messed up marketing schemes. And the even more messed up part is that I bet they still will not formally acknowledge what is to happen with Violet Cubes(ie. if they will ever be released in CS sales again). This is one of the reasons I always give them a 0 vote on that poll when you close your maple.