[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kick/banned for hacking?

ari7654321ari7654321
Reactions: 700
edited November 2016 in Tech Support
Sorry if this isn't the right place to post a topic such as this. In the years I've played this game, I've never really bothered with the forums before now.

Anyhow, while training my hero on Renegades (IraBlader) on one of the Magatia maps, I was suddenly kicked out of the game with a name and message. The name being something along the lines of 'PoliceGM (and then something else afterwards)' for hacking. I'm not really sure as to how I was put under suspicion of hacking, but I assure you that I wasn't, as well as that I've never done it before. So my question is really just what's going on. Mind you, I could just be a little angered by being accused of something I'm not guilty of, but I would still like an answer.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Do you happen to have any potential lines that read "X% chance to ignore Y% damage when attacked"?

If you do, there's currently a bug that has a chance of disconnecting you when you use a skill that also reflects damage. Since the line is not useful anyway I recommend cubing over it, but taking off the item should solve your problems if this is the case.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

Do you happen to have any potential lines that read "X% chance to ignore Y% damage when attacked"?

If you do, there's currently a bug that has a chance of disconnecting you when you use a skill that also reflects damage. Since the line is not useful anyway I recommend cubing over it, but taking off the item should solve your problems if this is the case.
    We can't exactly cube over a single line while keeping whatever useful lines are on the equip, you know.
    @ari7654321 , either don't use Rage or unequip any items with that line, until the bug is fixed.
  • ari7654321ari7654321
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2016
    Actually, I don't have any lines that read that right now. And I logged back into the character soon after this post had been made, and things hadn't really been changed in any way. There were no difficulties getting into the character, nor were there any extra lines that showed up after I had logged in. Still confusing, all the same, but it seems it won't interfere with playing the game, at the very least.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    The "blocked for the HACK reason" can also happen randomly when you - or your net, or the servers - are lagging. If you don't have that potential line on any item, then that must have been the reason. In that case, just ignore it.
    Sayjinx
  • SayjinxSayjinx
    Reactions: 750
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The "blocked for the HACK reason" can also happen randomly when you - or your net, or the servers - are lagging. If you don't have that potential line on any item, then that must have been the reason. In that case, just ignore it.
    happened to me on my DA, but can't get back in game for now.