[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

forging and weapon stuff.

BlaxtarBlaxtar
Reactions: 860
edited November 2016 in General Chat
so,any tips on getting the best weapons(reboot) for kanna? I am unsure how soul weapons work,i have two 30% chance soul enhancer...things. But there is no statement on whether or not the weapon will be destroyed if its used and fails so. asking the people who know on that. BTW,so also,how do weapon transfers work? there are two transfer tabs though so I might need to grab a picture if you don't know what I mean.

Comments

• XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Using a soul enhancer does not destroy the weapon it is used on, it just doesn't have a good chance of working. The 30% kind you have drop from mobs, but there is a 50% or 60% version that drops from bosses sometimes. There also used to be 100% variants back when Soul Weapons were added, but I think they're event exclusive now.
    When you say Weapon Transfer, what comes to mind is the following: you give your weapon/armor a single star enhancement (in non-reboot, only available when all scroll slots have been used) and want to move the stats up to a piece of weapon/armor 10-20 levels higher because it has good potential or something.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited November 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Using a soul enhancer does not destroy the weapon it is used on, it just doesn't have a good chance of working. The 30% kind you have drop from mobs, but there is a 50% or 60% version that drops from bosses sometimes. There also used to be 100% variants back when Soul Weapons were added, but I think they're event exclusive now.
    When you say Weapon Transfer, what comes to mind is the following: you give your weapon/armor a single star enhancement (in non-reboot, only available when all scroll slots have been used) and want to move the stats up to a piece of weapon/armor 10-20 levels higher because it has good potential or something.
    honestly, doing it that way is silly. If you are transfer hammering, you should get as many stars as is reasonably feasable...if it can have 11 go for that. It is cheaper to star lower level gear, so get your stars cheaper if you are hammering anyway. (and you want 11 if possible, never stop at 10 if more are available when starring a transfer fodder.. ever. When you hammer it loses a star, putting you back in drop on failure range, so you want to get it so when it drops from hammering it is still at least 10)