[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

RIP Monster Park :\

GalaxxiGalaxxi
Reactions: 510
edited November 2016 in Rants and Raves
I have been playing Maplestory since early 2009. I used to be ADDICTED to this game. Now I only play every few months. I haven't played since June of this year, and I come back to see a lot has changed. The biggest disappointment is that Monster Park is basically dead. It was fun to go through every now and then, and the mobs would drop a lot of gear I could break down for crafting. The coins were good to use to buy things to level my traits, and I also liked getting the ore and herb bags from the bosses at the end of each go. It was fun seeing what I might get from them. Now you can only go in twice a day for free apparently, then you gotta start buying tickets. With real money. No, you can't get them as drops or buy them with mesos. It's real money now. Ouch, talk about pay to win :o And the monsters don't even drop stuff anymore! It's not even really worth playing, at least not for me. Who even thought this was a good idea? WAS ANYONE EVEN COMPLAINING ABOUT MONSTER PARK?? D: I'm not usually one to sit around and go "EW I WISH THEY'D BRING BACK THE OLD BLAH BLAH BLAH"and I can usually see where the devs are coming from but.... The new Monster Park is terrible, and I want the old one back OTL.

Anyway I want to know everyone else's thoughts on the new monster park, because long story short I absolutely hate it. How many people played it before, and does anyone actually like this new system they have? Any positive things about it that I haven't discovered yet?

(And I see the forums have changed as well. Generic icons?? Really?? Yikes. Y i k e s. I do like the "vote on comments" thing, though. That's a neat little feature.)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    The current Monster Park is incredibly good for leveling, as the EXP rates are amazing (up to an entire half-level's or entire level's worth of EXP at lower levels).

You can get more tickets from reward points, and you can still buy greed pendants and potions from the shop for coins.

You can also get prizes depending on which day you go in. Fridays you can get mesos, for example. There's also a chance to get cubes on Tuesdays. You can get trait items and ores from Wednesday and Monday respectively. Although speaking of trait items you would get more of those from monster collection boxes, rather than Monster Park. Sundays reward EXP coupons as well.
    I don't recall many complaints about the Monster Park changes. Overall, they were a huge buff, especially to leveling characters.
    Petalmagic
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited November 2016
    As annoying as it has become to farm MPE potions there were many reasons for the change I saw right away without having to read up on. Basically the way its set now means there is no way to rig the system or exploit it in any manner. With mpe in its old status you could deliberately die on a lvl 139 char for ages, not saying this is technically game-breaking, but it has its ways to be considered unfair; not to mention have a IA with drop +greed pendant and maybe even tradable within-lvl drop gear+familiars which all was a big boost for any run whereas normally you'd be lucky to get any potions per run without those additives. The old method of farming regular monster park coins was way too easy with the daily entry making farming trait items exceptionally easy, rather then manually grinding your traits out yourself or using events. Wish the max limit for coins would increase with new monster park though, getting potions is more of a burden.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    Galaxxi
    Galaxxi said:

Anyway I want to know everyone else's thoughts on the new monster park, because long story short I absolutely hate it. How many people played it before, and does anyone actually like this new system they have? Any positive things about it that I haven't discovered yet?
    When I returned to playing Maple back in late September of this year, I was shocked to see that Monster Park had become restricted to only 2 entries a day.
    It used to be one of the best spots level 75+ players could train and earn mesos by selling equips that dropped from the mobs, or even replace old equips with better ones.
    I also miss how players had a chance to access the Bonus Stage after a regular run of Monster Park where it took around 25 hits to kill Robber Spiegelmann in order to get Boxes of Greed.
    Also, Monster Park Extreme was a great place to get high amounts of EXP for level 105+ players. I remember I would have Spiegelmann spawn the boss that would drop the red, blue, green, and sometime the gold Monster Park pots when there was only 1 minute left on the clock.
    I also miss the free Monster Park Extreme Tickets that Spiegelette would give out every day.

I'm glad that someone else shares my feeling of disappointment with the "new, revamped" Monster Park.

It's unfortunate that NexonNA will never revert things back to the way they were before.