[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Opening the Crusader Codex crashes my game

IndeInde
Reactions: 510
edited October 2016 in Tech Support
I recently came back to MapleStory after a few month hiatus, and was checking everything on my character, but when i pressed "N" to open my crusader codex to check out my monster cards my entire game crashed. I thought it was odd, so i tried again and it happened again. I attempted to open it by clicking on the book in my equipment menu, on another character, on a different server, windowed, full screen, moved the hot key to a different key, and it continues to reliably crash the entire game. I searched online to no avail, and I asked my friend who plays if it happens to him, and he proceeded to open it problem free. The only thing I didn't try was logging my account in on someones else's computer (which isn't really an option).

I can add cards to the book (although it doesn't always ask me to name new monsters, but some it does), and new tabs open up as I level up. I can't figure out why I can't open this menu.

Any idea as to why this is happening, and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    If it happens on all characters, then it sounds like something is wrong with your MapleStory installation, or your computer.

Try doing a full shutdown and restart of your computer: http://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/
    (Note that for Windows 8 and higher, a normal restart is not "full").

If that doesn't help, try the launcher's "repair installation", and also make sure you have the latest Visual C redistributable libraries.
    If it says everything is up to date, or the repair doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game.
    Inde