[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

maintenence timer would be nice addition

SockerfriSockerfri
Reactions: 1,020
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I am really bad with timezones and most of the time i have to use a shitty converter, so i would appreciate a "maintenence timer" so we know how many hours and minutes are left!

I'm oddly addicted to this game and i feel such a jerk for having to ask people in the general chat for answers to something so basic.
TubaTameem

Comments

• MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Rather hard to make such a timer, since completion times are at best approximate. Conversion is otherwise easy.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    It'd probably be easier to just ask for your timezone to be included. as for the 24 hour clock you mentioned in another post, just add 12 to the time to get it.
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited November 2016
    Sockerfri
    Sockerfri said:

I am really bad with timezones and most of the time i have to use a shitty converter, so i would appreciate a "maintenence timer" so we know how many hours and minutes are left!

I'm oddly addicted to this game and i feel such a jerk for having to ask people in the general chat for answers to something so basic.
    Twin tho<3
    Honestly I think they should adjust time zones accordingly to each region. PST time for the north American server and AEDT time/Whatever they use for the Europe server. I'm not even sure why they would put us in that awkward ass time zone lmao.

• YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Tuba
    Tuba said:

Sockerfri
    Sockerfri said:

Twin tho
    AEDT is Australia. In europe you can use CET
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    Honestly, I would rather they put timestamps whenever they put an update saying that maintenance will be extended until further notice OR when the update is completed, but then the game is taken down again for more maintenance.

Example (from today's V patch):
    [Update] MapleStory is going back into maintenance until further notice, while we investigate an issue that was discovered. Please check back here for updates.

[Complete] The maintenance has been completed as of 2:30 PM PST (5:30 PM EST / 11:30 PM CET / 9:30 AM AEDT). Cash items in your inventory have been extended to cover the amount of time the game was unavailable. Please log out of the Nexon Launcher and then back in before you play the game.

[Update] The maintenance has been extended until further notice.
  • TameemTameem
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    I approve the usage of timers at least online timer would be nice, I used to use them whenever I had to mark an event for friends.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited December 2016
    there is a timer
    maplestory.nexon.net/server-status
    you wait for all the dots to turn green
    and you spam till your index finger falls off