[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character deletion

ZuenoZueno
Reactions: 520
edited November 2016 in General Chat
Basically I have to delete a main character of mine for this event cause I want to keep my name but will it take me 24 hours? and why does it take 24 hours?

Comments

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Zueno
    Zueno said:

Basically I have to delete a main character of mine for this event cause I want to keep my name but will it take me 24 hours? and why does it take 24 hours?
    incase you accidentally try to delete the wrong character, or if you get hacked you have 24 hours to notice before your lvl 248 main is gone.
  • ZuenoZueno
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Zueno
    Zueno said:

incase you accidentally try to delete the wrong character, or if you get hacked you have 24 hours to notice before your lvl 248 main is gone.
    I would assume 24 hours is a bit much though to notice it right?

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Deleting a character over level 30 requires a 24-hour cooldown period, during which your character will appear as a ghost. After the 24 hours is up, complete the deletion by clicking delete on the character again. This was introduced to let people change their minds and also to prevent hackers who might delete characters. Characters under level 30 are not affected by the cooldown.

This generally means that you should delete a character 24+ hours prior to a patch if you wish to free up a name.

Alternatively, because instant name changes were introduced, you can create a character and purchase a name change later on. Although personally I just find it easier to plan ahead in my deletions.
  • ZuenoZueno
    edited November 2016
    Neospector

Deleting a character over level 30 requires a 24-hour cooldown period, during which your character will appear as a ghost. After the 24 hours is up, complete the deletion by clicking delete on the character again. This was introduced to let people change their minds and also to prevent hackers who might delete characters. Characters under level 30 are not affected by the cooldown.

This generally means that you should delete a character 24+ hours prior to a patch if you wish to free up a name.

Alternatively, because instant name changes were introduced, you can create a character and purchase a name change later on. Although personally I just find it easier to plan ahead in my deletions.
    Thanks