[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Formally Merge the Servers

SecondHeroSecondHero
Reactions: 1,320
edited December 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Many of the servers play together due to "world alliances", but the active people on each channel is not reflective of the server. This is because the servers are "different".

As we've seen from EMS, it is possible for you guys to slap these servers together without inconveniencing people with 4billion alternate characters across 8 servers. Please merge these servers so that the world select screen is less cluttered, there's an actual indication of how many people are on each "Server" (alliances mess with this), and it is more clear for new players what the population of each world is.

Servers should be:

Reb00t
Scania
Windia
Gazed
Ycenia (YMCK, but this sounds more like a server)
    No results for this poll

Comments

• AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

Many of the servers play together due to "world alliances", but the active people on each channel is not reflective of the server. This is because the servers are "different".

As we've seen from EMS, it is possible for you guys to slap these servers together without inconveniencing people with 4billion alternate characters across 8 servers. Please merge these servers so that the world select screen is less cluttered, there's an actual indication of how many people are on each "Server" (alliances mess with this), and it is more clear for new players what the population of each world is.

Servers should be:

Reb00t
    Scania
    Windia
    Gazed
    Ycenia (YMCK, but this sounds more like a server)
    u only forgot 1 thing
    the ''merge took ems nearly 6 months...''
    and im + than sure u would hate pass 6 moths with 0 event and updates and lose the chance of good envent like all europeans lost heroes of maple envent and items
    many europeans were and are pissed off of never ad the chance of enjoy those events especially the players that love aran and evan... (not even their nx items wich might be the only thing that can come bk)
    not even their hair cupons of revamped looks we could get...
    if u and the other ppl are willing to pay that sacrifice pc then go for it
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    Currently, the game looks dead because merged worlds aren't actually single servers, so it doesn't show the actual population of any of them.

Then, all the new players go to reb00t and get horribly underwhelmed. Then complain about lag.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    SecondHero

Currently, the game looks dead because merged worlds aren't actually single servers, so it doesn't show the actual population of any of them.

Then, all the new players go to reb00t and get horribly underwhelmed. Then complain about lag.
    it actually does show the combined population on the server in an alliance
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    KingStarfire

SecondHero

it actually does show the combined population on the server in an alliance
    Ah. If that's true, I wasn't aware. Quite sad tbh.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited December 2016
    @SecondHero

What KingStarFire is true. During Thanksgiving break, I looked at all the worlds and compared their populations with each other. Knowing that Mardia, Yellonde, Bellocan, Chaos, and Kradia AND Galicia, Arcania, Zenith, El Nido, and Demethos are the two major world alliances, I saw that they both had the same population in their respective alliances.

Also, I don't think it's "rather sad" that the worlds (other than Scania and Reboot) are unpopulated, but instead, I appreciate that it lets you focus on yourself without any distractions, because it means that you have 19 channels (excluding Channel 1 because most people train on that channel) that don't have players swarming to train in a certain map. There's more freedom. Another plus is less henehoes participating in pointless smega-wars with each other.
  • AramyAramy
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

@SecondHero

What KingStarFire is true. During Thanksgiving break, I looked at all the worlds and compared their populations with each other. Knowing that Mardia, Yellonde, Bellocan, Chaos, and Kradia AND Galicia, Arcania, Zenith, El Nido, and Demethos are the two major world alliances, I saw that they both had the same population in their respective alliances.

Also, I don't think it's "rather sad" that the worlds (other than Scania and Reboot) are unpopulated, but instead, I appreciate that it lets you focus on yourself without any distractions, because it means that you have 19 channels (excluding Channel 1 because most people train on that channel) that don't have players swarming to train in a certain map. There's more freedom. Another plus is less henehoes participating in pointless smega-wars with each other.
    agree annd no ks battles issue
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

@SecondHero

I think the general population of the game should reflect how many different "worlds" we have. @>@

• KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    StayGold
    StayGold said:

@SecondHero

I have noticed that over the years the play base has split into to types of people (six really but only two really fit this conversation) people who like big world like what Scania, Bera and Windia used to be so they can play with other people and people who like small worlds so they can solo. Normally I would think that it would be impossible to make both people happy but know I think if they merge Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia and Khaini together then that would be the populated alliance while the other two alliances would be the smaller solo-able.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    KingStarfire

StayGold
    StayGold said:

@SecondHero

I have noticed that over the years the play base has split into to types of people (six really but only two really fit this conversation) people who like big world like what Scania, Bera and Windia used to be so they can play with other people and people who like small worlds so they can solo. Normally I would think that it would be impossible to make both people happy but know I think if they merge Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia and Khaini together then that would be the populated alliance while the other two alliances would be the smaller solo-able.

Realistically, I think they only really need 3 total worlds for North America and one for Europe. All selectable from the same menu.
  • RuriArisuRuriArisu
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016
    Definitely started playing on Reboot ONLY because every other server is super dead. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also to new players, they usually don't even know the difference, so they just pick the populated one.

I feel like the game would be healthier to have 2 or 3 reboot servers and 2 or 3 non-reboot servers.
  • SecondHeroSecondHero
    edited December 2016
    RuriArisu
    RuriArisu said:

Definitely started playing on Reboot ONLY because every other server is super dead. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also to new players, they usually don't even know the difference, so they just pick the populated one.

I feel like the game would be healthier to have 2 or 3 reboot servers and 2 or 3 non-reboot servers.
    I say 2-3 real ones and 1 reb00t