[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Downtime

oSlexicoSlexic
Reactions: 500
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Not saying you should or should not be mad the game is down. I mean I'm bummed out because after work I'd like to relax and play but I can wait and do something else other than play maplestory. However I can see why people are mad cause they get people so pumped for the update and offer all these cool new things and events and then when time comes for the update the game goes down for days after the update. That's why I can agree with some people being mad but I also think they should just accept it and do something else until it's back up. I also feel that nexon should also handle updates better than what they have been doing. For some reason they always seem to have issues with major updates because they don't seem to learn from mistakes but I know big updates tend to have way more complications due to a lot of bugs that can only found by actually having people play the game. Do they not have a test server for people to connect to so they can find the bugs sooner and release a near perfect update? If they don't then I feel like that could help a ton with the major updates and their downtimes. That's my opinion on all this.
  1. How should you handle maplestory downtime?4 votes
    1. Sleep
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Sleep
       75% (3 votes)
    3. Sleep
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• BanksBanks
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    oSlexic
    oSlexic said:

Not saying you should or should not be mad the game is down. I mean I'm bummed out because after work I'd like to relax and play but I can wait and do something else other than play maplestory. However I can see why people are mad cause they get people so pumped for the update and offer all these cool new things and events and then when time comes for the update the game goes down for days after the update. That's why I can agree with some people being mad but I also think they should just accept it and do something else until it's back up. I also feel that nexon should also handle updates better than what they have been doing. For some reason they always seem to have issues with major updates because they don't seem to learn from mistakes but I know big updates tend to have way more complications due to a lot of bugs that can only found by actually having people play the game. Do they not have a test server for people to connect to so they can find the bugs sooner and release a near perfect update? If they don't then I feel like that could help a ton with the major updates and their downtimes. That's my opinion on all this.
    It is kind of unfair to say "they don't learn from their mistakes." I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for the constructive opinion. Yes Nexon does remodel their servers to handle things better then before. But, things can't always be perfect. One big update you may get a million, but the next you get 10 million (not real numbers just an example). Did anyone prepare for that kind of jump? Most likely not. Can it be fixed? Of course, with a few hours of maintenance. But, I get what you are saying. Good input.

• EddieFoxFoxEddieFoxFox
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2016
    No the test server was shut down due to exploiters using it to find bugs to exploit when the patch went live. Otherwise it's left to the team and it's not easy to replicate X amount of people connecting to their servers specially when an unexpected amount are coming back.