[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't Start Burning Event on New Character

UtinselUtinsel
Reactions: 610
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Game Content, Burning Event, Quest

Brief bug summary:
I am given the option to start burning on character creating, but can't activate after character has been created.

More details:
I have attempted creating a burning character then deleting them to move it to my new Kanna, but am not given the option to Burn on the character selection screen. I reached my Kanna to level 35 to achieve the lvl 33 [Take V] 1-2 Level Up! Mega Burning Project quest. I tried accepting the quest from the star menu and also from the event hall, but it just tells me about the burning event and doesn't activate anything. I've attempted restarting the game multiple times with no change. The whole point was to activate later to get bonus up to lvl 152 which I decided the extra 2 wouldn't mean too much and went to delete my Kanna to recreate and start burning on creation and found I'd have to wait 24 hours to use the same name again. Restored the character in hopes that there would be a fix before I had to wait a full 24 hours.

Steps to reproduce:
I attempted creating a Hayato and declining the burning event to see if it was the same on other classes and on creation have found that there is no way from the character selection screen or in game to start the burning on this new character if I didn't choose to Burn right when I created them. The only time it worked was on creation of a new class when I selected yes for burning. Didn't want to grind up to 35 on the Hayato to find the same result as the Kanna.

Character name:
FutureYuno
Character level:
Character job:
Kanna
World name:
Scania
Date and time of the incident:
12/2/2016 around 2:30 AM PST - until - Currently still happening at time of post (12/2/2016 12:56 PM PST)