[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Hacker Report] Video Proof Inside

PrinceDoobieIVPrinceDoobieIV
Reactions: 400
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Guy named -Removed- kept following me around in every channel and hacking while killing all the mobs on the map. Acted like a complete prick to me as well.
-Removed-

I recorded the whole thing. There it is. This is on reboot server.

Comments

• MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    The forums are not the place for hacker reports.
    You need to write a ticket.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2016
    Um.... u shouldn't post this because it will get removed by a volunteer also sad to say no naming and shaming it's in the code of conduct.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Lilyflower

Um.... u shouldn't post this because it will get removed by a volunteer also sad to say no naming and shaming it's in the code of conduct.
    Right?
    'Cause they definitely deserve it.
  • PrinceDoobieIVPrinceDoobieIV
    edited December 2016
    I did report it through the game as well, but this is to report a HACKER, i am not "name shaming" when someone is hacking and following me around channel after channel because i called him out on his hacking.
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

The forums are not the place for hacker reports.
    You need to write a ticket.
    I wrote a ticket in-game. But i took it a step farther because sometimes hackers don't get caught without proof. Especially how this guy was following me on purpose.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited December 2016

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Lilyflower

Right?
    They do,
    Its obvious this guy didn't care very much though about reported.

It's because he knows there's a very high chance he'll get away with it. So many tickets saying they'll "investigate" but nothing ends up happening anymore.

edited December 2016
    Peep
    Peep said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

Lilyflower

Right?
    They do,
    Its obvious this guy didn't care very much though about reported.

It's because he knows there's a very high chance he'll get away with it. So many tickets saying they'll "investigate" but nothing ends up happening anymore.

Indeed, it really feels bad when you work your butt off to level a character without hacks, and some prick walks in your channel and starts spamming their hyperskill with no cooldown and feel no repercussion.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Write a ticket on Nexon's support site, where you can also attach your video.
    Not that they give any credence to user-submitted videos, but at least you'll be able to say that you tried.
    Your report on the forums is even more useless because:
    a) No GMs even pretend to look here (as opposed to their ticket system)
    b) Your video and the person's name will be deleted as soon as a volunteer sees them.
    Lilyflower
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    PrinceDoobieIV

I did report it through the game as well, but this is to report a HACKER, i am not "name shaming" when someone is hacking and following me around channel after channel because i called him out on his hacking.
    It is considered naming and shaming to call out someone in this manner, primarily because we have had incidents of false reports and, in rarer cases, fake evidence.

Ultimately, the forums are not the place to report a player anyway. You should do so through the in-game report function and/or the ticket system.

Personally I recommend you blacklist the guy immediately so he cannot /find you.
    edited December 2016
    Neospector

PrinceDoobieIV

It is considered naming and shaming to call out someone in this manner, primarily because we have had incidents of false reports and, in rarer cases, fake evidence.

Ultimately, the forums are not the place to report a player anyway. You should do so through the in-game report function and/or the ticket system.

Personally I recommend you blacklist the guy immediately so he cannot /find you.
    The link to the ticketing system does not work, but i'll keep that in mind next time. Thanks.