[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is end game like?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2016 in General Chat
played maplestory for a long time when only explorers existed trying to come back now and was wondering what end game is like? i just came back from other popular games like WoW and was wondering if the end game is very competitive in ms. i don't mind solo grinding i do that alot in other mmorpg's but i really only know of bossing as end game and with the 5th job no cap thing i assume soloing bosses is going to be the thing. im not talking about old bosses that you are way out of there league for im talking about new bosses.

also what is there really to do at 250 other then bossing? im not the type of person to make multiple characters but im sure you have to so you can increase damage from link skills or whatever. i don't expect to be 250 in like a week or anything but im just trying to decide if i should really come back or just find another game as im tempted to buy NX even though im only level 24, i got the money just don't want to feel like i wasted it. if not can you recommend me another nexon game that actually has a more hardcore end game? gearing up is a huge plus along with very hard mechanics from bosses

Comments

• Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    theres NO such thing as END-game IN maplestory. theres officially no more cap for starters, secondly 250 doesn't mean u complete the game and get 100.000,000,000 MP on achievement, its just ONE minor achievement in maplestory. there is no end will never be an end and if an end is near expect more power creeping items to be released
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2016
    Gearing up is pretty much all there is. Unless you are interested in the story like I am, bossing and events is pretty all there is at end game. Assuming you went through all the theme dungeons and such. I don't know how much nx you bought but I would highly recommend buying a pet. Pets are like a must have unless you want to spend half your time picking up everything.
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2016
    i haven't bought any nx yet but i will need to soon i only got the snail pet which has a decent timer on it but yea pickjing up things is a hassle especially now since there is a longer duration to do so compared to before and it's very noticeable. i think i'll just stick to maplestory hopefully by the time i reach 250 on my main or 2nd toon level cap will raise to 300.