[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamer is great, but not perfect

EucilleEucille
Reactions: 550
edited December 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
I used to despise playing as a mage because I hate having to teleport instead of double jump... but then I played as a Beast Tamer. With double jumps when using all animals, plus a slick flying move, and a 'return to nearest town' skill ... In terms of mobility, I love it more than I did Blaster and Mercedes. For me, it's mobile. Beast Tamer is my ideal gameplay -different modes, easy navigation through the skills, free gifts from Arby, party buffs... Honestly, I can't believe every skill I wish for when I played with my other characters is on Beast Tamers! However, there is a little... issue. I like to be a juggernaut of the party as much as I like to be the support. So when my little Beast Tamer, Shadowfur, barely makes a dent on a monster 5 levels below her, it's a little... sad. And this is when i'm using the strongest attacks I can. When I played as a Blaster, I shot through enemies fast. Sure, it was an absolute pain training him to level 82, so much that I'm currently not playing him anymore, but he was strong. Blasters are warriors, and I found the gameplay fun. But I geuss that's how Maplestory is. Sure, you can get a wonderful class that has everything you want in terms of, lets say, mobility or strength, but then you don't get some of the other stuff. With my Mercedes, I got an interesting storyline and fun skills, but I had poor HP and had to spend a ton on potions. With my blaster, I was strong, but I had to train a lot just to level up once. And with my beloved Beast Tamer, I get mobility and buffs, but i'm usually the weakest in the party when it comes to beating up monsters. I geuss my point is, even our favorite classes have little flaws, but that's what makes it interesting. It's no fun if we have high HP, high damage, cool skills, and prestige without working for it.

Comments

• EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited December 2016
    Y'all.
  • EverythingSlayerEverythingSlayer
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited December 2016
    I went for only Bear + Cat combo (sorry I'm really bad with names) and it's going pretty well for me. Even if I lose mobility the bear is quite tank-y and is the main damage dealer whilst Cat (Arby?) is 11/10 for support and farming weaker monsters for items. With burning, I got to 127 in around 2 and a half hours or so. I guess it's just the choice between animals that makes a difference.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    When I used to play BT, I always went Bear for main attacking + Cat for the Card buff. Leopard was far too weak and hawk was just bad.