[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What classes do not rely on combo's?

BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
Reactions: 1,375
edited December 2016 in General Chat
trying to pick a main but every class i wanted to main relies on combo's. im more used to the old school play style and sadly most of the classes that used to contain those play styles now contain skills you need to combo and it just feels weird. or if it's easier can you name ALL the classes that do combo. by combo im talking about classes like Aran and mercedes where you need to literally combo 2 skills together or evan, well with aran you need to press multiple keys just to do 1 skill.

i don't mind mashing buttons like attack to combo such as say a demon slayer with it's basic attack or kanna.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Aran, Mercedes, Battle Mage, Evan, Hayato(to an extent, class relies heavily on animation canceling for mobility and general mobbing)

Those are the only ones I know of that place an emphasis on key combos to put out damage.
  • MekMek
    Reactions: 1,170
    edited December 2016
    If you want old school play style go for old school classes Explores or Koc's (that old school joke)
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    you can use Aran in the old style, just bind the skills themselves with the old method.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited December 2016
    Blaze Wizard would be your BEST option due to great at bossing/mobbing
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited December 2016
    KingStarfire

you can use Aran in the old style, just bind the skills themselves with the old method.
    yea but you want to combo for aran as well as the others i believe due to the fact they optimize dps this way. i don't care much for BW they are cool and good for mobbing last i played them but not my style unless i was going to roll a F/P then i'd play one because i hate relying on DoTs especially in this game. i think i will play and exploirer and just level these toons for links and not really fund them hardcore

• azzacuraazzacura
    Reactions: 765
    edited December 2016
    I play Mercedes and just put all my points into Ishtar's Ring and Stunning Strikes, kinda ignoring the combo skills. Now it plays like old bowman :) You won't get optimal DPS this way but it does resemble the old play style. And like Mek says, go for explorers or koc
  • BarfonwhalesBarfonwhales
    edited December 2016
    azzacura
    azzacura said:

I play Mercedes and just put all my points into Ishtar's Ring and Stunning Strikes, kinda ignoring the combo skills. Now it plays like old bowman :) You won't get optimal DPS this way but it does resemble the old play style. And like Mek says, go for explorers or koc
    yea you really don't combo i believe for bossing maybe to apply a debuff idk but i assume all you do is spam ishtars ring. i went with BM. looks fun with the revamp and i am actually liking how it plays. almost at 3rd job and im just wrecking things