[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A Better Maple (foreshadowing??)

Comments

• Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    eh, it only looks like a "slightly, better maple", it'll take a much longer time for the real deal "better maple" to be complete - if even
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

DisneyPixar

A better maple but still no bpot cubes in Reward point shop qq
    That wouldn't be put in highlights, doesn't mean it won't get added (probably won't, but no guarantees till the patch goes live)

@Blackbean - I highly doubt the chat bug is due to lag, as I have gotten it before when not lagging at all. When you have problems chatting due to lag, you have problems on all channels, not just guild and buddy chat, which indicates its a different problem (ie literally just lag)
    @gamechanger, Well what would the cause be for the chat bugs then o-o? Ya I dont lag in-game, unless the server itself is lagging very heavy then everyone else lags as well, and the guild + buddy chat lags even more. So there should be some correlation to guild chat and server lag

Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

gamechanger

DisneyPixar

A better maple but still no bpot cubes in Reward point shop qq
    That wouldn't be put in highlights, doesn't mean it won't get added (probably won't, but no guarantees till the patch goes live)

@Blackbean - I highly doubt the chat bug is due to lag, as I have gotten it before when not lagging at all. When you have problems chatting due to lag, you have problems on all channels, not just guild and buddy chat, which indicates its a different problem (ie literally just lag)
    @gamechanger, Well what would the cause be for the chat bugs then o-o? Ya I dont lag in-game, unless the server itself is lagging very heavy then everyone else lags as well, and the guild + buddy chat lags even more. So there should be some correlation to guild chat and server lag

They don't know what causes the bug, which is why they haven't been able to patch it yet. It happens randomly. Everyone knows it happens, and it happens all the time, yet no one can pin down why it happens, what makes it bug out. And frankly its just weird that it goes away by just trying to chat in the same channel again. Strange bug.
    BIackbeanLilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

gamechanger

They don't know what causes the bug, which is why they haven't been able to patch it yet. It happens randomly. Everyone knows it happens, and it happens all the time, yet no one can pin down why it happens, what makes it bug out. And frankly its just weird that it goes away by just trying to chat in the same channel again. Strange bug.
    Not sure what this bug is exactly, but it's likely a "logic error", probably occurs when two people type and hit enter at the same time, the server only allows for one variable string at a time, but two different users attempt to assign it simultaneously and it produces an internal error and they cancel each other out.
    No, it's way too consistent to be something timing-dependent.

Certain people, when they log in, are somehow excluded from their buddy and guild chat. They can't see what anyone is saying. If they try to use said chat they get an error message (that takes a really long time to appear, which to me hints that the server is searching through an infinite loop or something until the search times out). The truly weird thing is that if the person tries to use the same chat again, the message goes through just fine and they're included and can hear everything everyone else is saying... until they get excluded again, which some say happens after changing channels, and some say happens after not talking for a long time.

Now that I think about it, this might be a result of botched bugfixes: there used to be a bug where a person that was un-buddied could still be heard by their ex-buddies (but without a name in the buddy chat, oddly). There was also a bug where if someone was kicked out of the guild, the entire guild chat stopped working. It may be that in trying to fix these issues, something got broken that affects buddies and guildies "in good standing" as well.

Or it might have something to do with what Nexon initially thought it was, some kind of "afk indicator" that is turned on if you're silent too long. They said they fixed that but they might not have fixed it correctly.

Anyway, without looking at the code I we're all just guessing.
    BIackbeanSkyTheDestroyerLilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

gamechanger

Not sure what this bug is exactly, but it's likely a "logic error", probably occurs when two people type and hit enter at the same time, the server only allows for one variable string at a time, but two different users attempt to assign it simultaneously and it produces an internal error and they cancel each other out.
    It could be that, but its doubtful considering that the same doesn't happen in FM general chat. To me the strangest thing about this error is that it happens only to guild chat and buddy chat, not to the other chats (party, general, whisper).
    BIackbeanLilyflower
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    GUYS I AM SO HAPPY. PATCH NOTES ARE OUT AND.

Add new chat channels to encourage communication for different topics
    Resolve various legacy issues that have persisted in the game

THIS MAY MEAN SOME TWEAKING TOWARDS GUILD BUG GLITCHES.

THIS IS INDEED BETTER MAPLE.

THE BEST MAPLE.

Thanks @KThxBaiNao <3333

Also I love "In addition to these system improvements we are making, some content changes are also being implemented to provide additional awards to our loyal players, and to make the content easier for newer players. You can find more information about these in our Patch Notes, however there are two specific ones we’d like to discuss more in-depth."

LOYAL PLAYERS <3
    Lilyflower
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited October 2016
    Just read the patch notes and I'm really happy about many of the changes we'll be getting. Can't wait to get in the game tomorrow! :D
    Taehyung
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    edited October 2016
    Toreishi
    Toreishi said:

Just read the patch notes and I'm really happy about many of the changes we'll be getting. Can't wait to get in the game tomorrow! :D
    yup im really hyped for this new uppdate in 20 mins!!. i hope the hype was worth it !
    Lilyflower