[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please get Jenn some actual Lock smithing classes!

XeraphimXeraphim
Reactions: 1,480
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Jenn is about the most incompetent locksmith I have ever seen. He needs over a half metric tonne of metal to forge a key that is 2 oz in weight. Why does he need so much metal and where does it all go? Honestly I think it's just a big con job and in that case I should be able to just kill Jenn off for being a rat fink lowlife.

Please reduce the requirement to something sane and fix the looting speed. The whole of Lion King's Castle (Simba!!!) has this atricously painful loot speed of less than 2 per second if you spam the button. Sure, it encourages folks to buy a pet but for folks who don't have the NX or moneys to spare at the moment it's like trying to pick up 200 objects as slowly as possible while things try very hard to kill you (and do a great job of it. They hit HARD out there!)

So yeah, Jenn only needs 1 hat, 1 spear and 1 morningstar. Really. That's it. He can make like 200 keys with each of those things. He should be able to forge 40,000 keys with 200. Seriously. Send that guy to Lock Smith school.
BIackbeanCatooolooo

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Well he doesn't have all of the tools...He has to make his own I presume.
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I agree 200 is a lot, but 1 is too little.
    Maybe 25 or 50 would be better?
  • XeraphimXeraphim
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited October 2016
    Petalmagic

Well he doesn't have all of the tools...He has to make his own I presume.
    Key making tools are not metal intensive either. He can make his own tools at a cost of metal for 20 keys (I know, I've made my own keys and tools from scrap metal with no prior experience because I figured out how). That still leaves 180 keys per single item, roughly.

As for how many? I really don't care. I'd rather it be one of those "Kill 1,000 Crocky/Reindeer/Bearwolf" quests (because with a low drop rate you end up killing 1,000 of each). You can just take the "pick that garbage up" out of the quest and vastly improve the experience.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Its a boss prequest for what used to be the most powerful boss in the game (and also, I believe, the first boss with DR), but it could be toned down a lot I agree (or even take the HT and PB route).

However, I don't see the point of your complaint. Would it really make you feel better if it was a kill 500 mob quest instead of a loot quest? They just added the text in there to add flavor, not to make it realistic
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Its a boss prequest for what used to be the most powerful boss in the game (and also, I believe, the first boss with DR), but it could be toned down a lot I agree (or even take the HT and PB route).

However, I don't see the point of your complaint. Would it really make you feel better if it was a kill 500 mob quest instead of a loot quest? They just added the text in there to add flavor, not to make it realistic
    Killing is immeasurably easier than looting, when you have no pet.

As for flavor text, they could easily change that to "kill them, they're too noisy and I can't work like this" or something.

BTW, PB still has prequests. You just don't have to do them over every time, anymore.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    He does, but they were nerfed significantly a few years ago down to 333 of each mob instead of 999 (as well as some more changes to them that I can't remember). As for the looting, I never really saw it as much of a problem in LHC, but I did do the pres back when it was party play area so it took me longer to kill each mob than it normally would. The pet issue is another issue entirely, but yes I see what you are saying
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    haha nice humor! Just wanna add that Havis the keymaker doesnt even really make keys!

Once you finish simple 4 boss kills you get 5 free keys everyday! God Bless Root Abyss <3