[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

v.177 Exchanging Coins Update

fedsocfedsoc
Reactions: 100
edited October 2016 in General Chat
In the v.177 update notes there's the following: "We’ll be running an event that allows you to exchange outdated coins (from past coin-related events) for new coins from a new event."

Anyone know if this applies only to "coins" in the strictest sense like homecoming coins? Or would it also apply to model student candy? I have a few hundred extra model student candies from maple leaf high and i'm debating if I should hold onto them to exchange or if I should just buy the random reward boxes.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    I think it's mostly coins from previous coin-shop events not dungeon-shop events (such as Maple Leaf High) but then I could be wrong. Just a random guess!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I don't know any details about the coin exchange event, but Maple Leaf High returns every once in a while, and the Model Student Candy can be accumulated from one time to the next.

Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Didn't EMS get something like this and it turns out the shop was full of crap?
    Lilyflower
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Didn't EMS get something like this and it turns out the shop was full of crap?
    Would not surprise me in the least.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    Aww man I just threw out all my water wars coins. Brb going to buy a plane ticket to Dubai and jump off the Burj Khalifa
    Lilyflower
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited October 2016
    My tendency of hoarding coins will now pay off. :D. I almost never toss coins, because I like keeping souvenirs of past events. I have like 170 coins from the Water Wars event (I forgot to cash them in.. OTL), so I can hopefully get something good right off the bat. :).
    StarrySWolf
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited October 2016
    I used to toss old coins as soon as the event they're used in are over. I guess I'll be keeping all of my coins from now on~
    LilyflowerTaehyung
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Something like this shouldn't be an event it should be in game always in my opinion.
    bumbertyrLilyflowerKerBansotSkyTheDestroyer
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

Something like this shouldn't be an event it should be in game always in my opinion.
    too true.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    lol I hoard all my coins, too. Not really in hopes of the event returning or for events like this one, but as mementos! Hoping it's not an all or nothing deal, since I sorta wanna keep at least one of each coin for the aforementioned reason.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

Not really, because that negates the whole concept of "time-limited event".
    If all coins can be used all the time, then why would people even try to use their event coins in the appropriate event shop on time? Especially when the items in the shop expire? Much better to just hoard the coins until you actually need something, like say an epic pot scroll, and then buy it.
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited November 2016
    ye still it would be nice if they throw it in the mix a few times a year or once a year or something XD