[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Star Planet Arcade Games

LukeKaponeLukeKapone
Reactions: 500
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
We can all admit that Star Planet was not as successful as it could have been, but the minigames were still a lot of fun. I was thinking that these should be kept. In my opinion the only reason Star Planet failed was because it was a hassle to have to go from one world to another and travel to the arcade area. So the idea is to add a warp in the dimensional portal that transports users to an arcade where these games could be played(could be the same place or a newly designed place that looks more like an arcade/gaming space). There would also need to be some more daily rewards to keep people coming back, but I think this has a better chance of attracting users without throwing everything from Star Planet away.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Going to Star Planet was direct from your menu, and you'd enter the portal and press enter and you're at the game arena. (They streamlined it a bit at some point).
    Going to a town, and clicking the "Quick Move," and selecting "Dimensional Mirror," and paging through that to get to the Arcade, would actually be more hassle.

Star Planet's problems are completely different:
    - Extreme bot infestation
    - Bugs and glitches
    - The change they made to how points were allocated, which made it take twice as long to get your daily 1500 RP

As fewer and fewer people used Star Planet, the wait time to get matched up to play became really annoying, leading to more people not bothering to even try.

It would be nice to have these games used occasionally in events (as they were before Star Planet), though. If you're not "forced" to play them every day, against bots and despite bugs, they can be fun.
    LukeKapone