[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About removing Star Planet and obtaining RP now...

gamechangergamechanger
Reactions: 3,460
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Second, with the Strange Stories update this week we are planning to close down Star Planet. While we were initially excited about the introduction of Star Planet as an additional way for players to play mini-games with each other, the participation was not as high as we had hoped. When looking at the daily number of players who accessed Star Planet, we only saw less than 1% enter Star Planet from all worlds. We also know many of you expressed concern about losing an avenue to obtain reward points, so we looked into those concerns as well. We found that out of all the Maple Reward point rewards, less than 5% of them were obtained in Star Planet. This told us that players weren’t really accessing Star Planet as much as we hoped and that players were finding Maple Reward points from other sources much more efficient to obtain. We understand that closing Star Planet will eliminate an additional source of Maple Reward points, so we plan to increase the amount of Reward points awarded during events in the future.
First, I have to applaud you for actually removing Star Planet.

However, this is a really big issue and it seems like you guys dropped the ball on it. You say that we shouldn't be concerned about losing an avenue for RP and then cite some numbers. However it appears that you didn't even try to math.

According to you, less than 1% of players accessed Star Planet on a regular basis, and less than 5% of the RP earned were from SP.

Less than 1 in 100 players regularly went to Star Planet, but almost 5 out of every 100 RP earned came from star planet. Do you see the disconnect here? Even though star planet didn't make up the bulk of RP earned, it was by far more profitable, earning players 5 times more RP than other play (going off of just the numbers you gave us). The only reason that more of the total RP earned didn't come from star planet is because of the players that don't enjoy star planet and never went there for various reasons.

Please, to make up for removing star planet could you please take a new look at the rewards points we get for bosses? At least make them scale better (eg once a week bosses give out at least 4x as many RP as their once a day counterparts, cPB gives out at least double normal PB etc....)

Also not at all related, but I find it so awesome that the new title field automatically stops you from typing more characters than it can hold! Now no more counting characters to see how many I can keep without being over the limit :D

Comments

• DiannikaDiannika
    Reactions: 995
    edited October 2016
    adjusting bossing wont fix it, as that screws over those of us with no high level characters yet

Perhaps a better option would be to adjust the monster collecting RP pouches. (and increase the daily limit to include what we WOULD have earned from star planet)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    I had brought this problem up months ago in the old forums.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

I had brought this problem up months ago in the old forums.
    I remember. Like so many other suggestions it was always ignored

@Diannika - I see what you mean. I do think that the rewards points from bosses should be adjusted regardless (I mean its just absurd that normal and hard magnus give the same RP, or that normal and cPB give the same, or normal and chaos HT etc etc...), but yes perhaps a combination of improving the RP from bosses and from monster collection would work better
    Diannika
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    well, as im not high enough to really use bossing as a way to gain much rp (my main source is currently collecting because of that lol) i will admit i have no clue what kind of rebalancing that needs on its own. tho considering so much else of the game, it wouldnt surprise me.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016

Instead, they went and reduced the amount of RP we get from Monster Collection.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

not so i have noticed so far....

Its not always the same, there is a range for each level of pouch, and then its RNG to figure out where in that range you get. Sometimes you get more then average, sometimes less *Shrug* Maybe you just had bad luck today.

maybe i just had good luck today, and they did change it.... too early to tell for sure

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Its not always the same, there is a range for each level of pouch, and then its RNG to figure out where in that range you get. Sometimes you get more then average, sometimes less *Shrug* Maybe you just had bad luck today.

maybe i just had good luck today, and they did change it.... too early to tell for sure

The 3-hour pouches always gave 35-45 RP. I've opened enough of them to know. Now they give 25 and 30 as well. Haven't opened enough to tell whether 40 and 45 are completely gone, but the average has definitely gone down.
    Other people are reporting the same sort of reduction on the 6-hour and 24-hour box rewards, too.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited October 2016
    I really hope this thread gets Nexon's attention. They removed the best way to farm RP if you needed something last minute from the shop.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I can confirm this. I get 4 24 hrs boxes for a while and I was used to regularly get 190-200-220 and once 300 once 150. I opened them today and I earned 160-170 from all boxes. Same thing for a guildy.
  • DiannikaDiannika
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Diannika
    Diannika said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The 3-hour pouches always gave 35-45 RP. I've opened enough of them to know. Now they give 25 and 30 as well. Haven't opened enough to tell whether 40 and 45 are completely gone, but the average has definitely gone down.
    Other people are reporting the same sort of reduction on the 6-hour and 24-hour box rewards, too.
    40 at least is definitely still there. and i had gotten 30 before i think, but not sure... if so it was rare. Never 25 tho, thats definite. ETA: never in the past, not saying they didnt add it in)