[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reboot medal not given out in reboot world

pepepepe
Reactions: 2,125
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Despite confirmation from several GMs and the community manager that we'd get it in reboot

I demand an explanation

Comments

• ZenohartZenohart
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2016
    I'm not sure about the confirmation, as far as I know KTBN said he'd check and confirm... But I haven't seen that happen either. Did I miss something? 'Cause I was really looking forward to getting that medal on my Reboot main, I don't play in non-Reboot servers anymore.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited October 2016
    How is it fair that non rebooters get it while us rebooters don't

Being a fairly new server, we didn't have a chance to get good medals from old events.

Also, it apparently looks terrible when equipped compared to the same medal in TMS (this according to reddit).

So many things are wrong with this....
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Wow. Just wow.
    This is mind-boggling.
    Both GM Luteola and CM KThxBaiNao asked the dev team the same question.
    They got two different answers.
    Both of which were wrong.
    How?
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Wow. Just wow.
    This is mind-boggling.
    How?
    It's really indicative of the disconnect between the player base and the development team when we were simultaneously told that it's either Reboot only (GM), Reboot + Non reboot (CM), and Non reboot only (official notes). It basically covered all possible combinations.

Of course the official notes take precedent almost all the time but OP isn't wrong to believe that reboot would've also received it because like he said why would they deny this reward to a new server that didn't have the opportunity to receive powerful medals like the SAO medals and such.

Not only is this plain server bias, I can see more people from reboot doing this event than non rebooters. I myself did it on 3 characters because it gave me a reason finally finish my cygnus link skill. It's such a waste of an event.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Wow. Just wow.
    This is mind-boggling.
    How?
    It's really indicative of the disconnect between the player base and the development team when we were simultaneously told that it's either Reboot only (GM), Reboot + Non reboot (CM), and Non reboot only (official notes). It basically covered all possible combinations.

Of course the official notes take precedent almost all the time but OP isn't wrong to believe that reboot would've also received it because like he said why would they deny this reward to a new server that didn't have the opportunity to receive powerful medals like the SAO medals and such.

Not only is this plain server bias, I can see more people from reboot doing this event than non rebooters. I myself did it on 3 characters because it gave me a reason finally finish my cygnus link skill. It's such a waste of an event.
    The official notes didn't mention the medal at all.
  • TrayvianTrayvian
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    what i dont get is why the absolute absence of a response to this, even if he doesn't know the answer he should at least come here and tell us they are looking into it
  • SparkzSparkz
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited October 2016
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    ha people in bera made mule chars in reb00t for medal. We baerans have a piece of rebot now!!!
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The official notes didn't mention the medal at all.
    Oh that's right it wasn't even mentioned. I can't remember what the in game quest said about the medal too.

Also the ring rewards didn't come out as stated in the notes. So much confusion...
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Man...I want my medal for my main...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well, now the medal is available in Reboot.
    And the rings as well, lol.
    Diannika
  • SparkzSparkz
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited October 2016
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/17863/complete-unscheduled-minor-patch-october-20-2016

"The Reboot Master – Class Medal reward can now be redeemed in Reboot world."

Problem solved.
  • MikanBoxMikanBox
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited October 2016
    Aww darn, Didn't know it was gonna be fixed an got medal on my mardia character Dx
    Any way to ask from 'em to transfer it to my main?

Support tickets don't seem to be working atm....
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    MikanBox
    MikanBox said:

Aww darn, Didn't know it was gonna be fixed an got medal on my mardia character Dx
    Any way to ask from 'em to transfer it to my main?

Support tickets don't seem to be working atm....
    You can try talking to Live Chat support.

For the future, when something like this happens, postpone making the decision. I looked in my giftbox, saw that the items could be claimed until October 30, and decided to leave them there until we hear from Nexon. After all, the CM assured us the medal could be claimed on both worlds. So there was a chance they'd stand behind that word. Being Nexon, there was also a chance they would say, "Sorry, that information was wrong" and fix nothing. But I had nothing to lose by waiting.