[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it possible to KS an elite?

RockyRomRompantRockyRomRompant
Reactions: 300
edited January 2017 in General Chat
I saw someone do a shout out thing saying KSing elites is not ok, now im not an expert here but as elites give everyone drops and exp, how is that possible. I really thought elites were meant to be fought toghether.

Comments

• SeleianceSeleiance
    Reactions: 930
    edited January 2017
    It used to be possible to "KS" an elite in the sense that if someone swooped in on the map after the elite spawned and outdamaged you, they would get the extra bonus box (for a total of two) while you would get only one of them. At this point, as long as you were the one who "summoned" the elite boss (ie killed the mob that triggered the event), then you get two boxes as well. In other words, it used to be a thing, but now it isn't really.

Other people might consider it KSing if you kill an elite they are trying to "hold" for their friends/guild/alliance. It can be especially annoying in the arcane river, since elite boss HP doesn't seem scale up the same way as mob hp does there, so most people training there are already strong enough to finish off the elites in a matter of seconds.
    RockyRomRompantJettLuvsU
  • RockyRomRompantRockyRomRompant
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2017
    Thankyou, that is helpful to know.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2017
    While I understand it can be frustrating when this happens. I personally don't believe anything can be ksed. Much like I don't believe any players owns a map for training.

All maps and all channels are public. No player owns the map and the mobs on the map no matter what people say. Sucks when someone comes in and does so much more damage than you, but that is apart of the game.
    JettLuvsU
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited January 2017
    You can't KS elite bosses anymore. When someone cries about that, it means that you came and killed it before his/her friends came. Which is their fault since the guy should've told them 'dark map x/4' beforehand and there is like 10 seconds before the Elite boss can be damaged.

Doesn't really matter, all you might get is a defame.
    RockyRomRompant
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    edited January 2017
    Xionicomad

While I understand it can be frustrating when this happens. I personally don't believe anything can be ksed. Much like I don't believe any players owns a map for training.

All maps and all channels are public. No player owns the map and the mobs on the map no matter what people say. Sucks when someone comes in and does so much more damage than you, but that is apart of the game.
    Its common courtesy if someone is training in a map to ask if you can join/take a platform before you just start killing
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited January 2017
    Xionicomad

I know how this feel.... I was training for an hour, then this guild with 6 people came in KSING me, saying "just doing dailies". I asked them to CC, but they told me i do no damage so i should cc....