[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Alishan Boss keeps disappearing

bodhisativabodhisativa
Reactions: 540
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
So, I browsed through the bugs to see if this had been reported yet and I didn't see anything, so forgive me if I missed the thread!

Bug Type: Glitch?/NPC disappears

Brief Bug Summary: I take the train to the summit, defeat all the monsters on the train. Once I get off the train I'm asked by Shaoqing to defeat the Dark Master. I start fighting Shao (as she is possessed by the Dark Master). It seems like once she takes a certain amount of damage (3/4 full hp), she goes to do an action (perhaps summoning monsters to fight for her?) and instead of performing the action, she just disappears. After that, the scream she made when she disappeared just keeps on repeating.

Steps to reproduce: I waited till the timer went down and I spawned back in front of Shaoqing, and then entered the room again. Fought her, she got down to a certain amount of HP (about 3/4 full again) and disappeared like the first time. Only now, I have two loops of her scream playing on repeat.
Decided to restart the computer and see if that would work, it did not. One more try, I decided to change channels, did not work.

Character name: edenfaire
Character level: 60
Character job: Mercedes
World Name: El Nido
Date and Time of the Incident: 10/21/16, 1:30am

Standard Eastern Time.

Comments

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    I'm also experiencing this problem and I attempted some runs to see what was going on. Though I believe she is supposed to summon the bugs (but fails) after a 1/5th or 1/6th of her HP is taken off rather than a 1/4 like bodhisativa mentioned, as shown in my 3rd image.

First time I fought Shao, her animation froze just before she was meant to summon the bugs but she was still in the map and I could lower her HP further. Attack knockback still worked on her. I d/c shortly after. I relogged into a map called Road to the Summit with Shaoqing. The right portal in that map doesn't work as shown in image 2; not sure if this is normal or not.

Second time i fought her she disappeared but seems to have just turned invisible and gone through the floor. Refer to image 3. So I believe she's still in the map during the whole fight, but is unable to attack? I found this out because one of my alpha's skills appeared above her head and she still took damage while the effect lasted.

I tried a few more attempts and those are the 2 possible scenarios when fighting her after the new patch. If the player gets the first scenario, it results in disconnecting from the game to the world selection.

http://i.imgur.com/ff7JBCA.png
    http://i.imgur.com/9qSPXoL.png
    http://i.imgur.com/87vBxcD.png
  • EssEffKayEssEffKay
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I'm having the same bug as the two above on GMS. In addition, I'm not able to jump or use Ascension at times for inexplicable reasons until I use Tidal Crash or Shark Sweep.

Name: GokaigerRose
    Level: 70
    Job: Thunder Breaker
    World: Reboot
    Occurred between 8:00 PM to 8:30 PM on 10/21/2016.

This is shortly after she disappears, yelling repeatedly until I fully exit the game: https://gyazo.com/97d527f7c753f01ffb62cb1808612b77
  • SaintAySaYSaintAySaY
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2016
    How can Fix it ? same problem

Name: AniTyan
    Level: 90
    Job: Kaiser
    World: Scania
  • Twist1TTwist1T
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    Same problem
    Level: 72
    Job : Kenesis
    World: Renegades
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I have also Experienced this bug, she actually goes down for me and i can't hit her, so yeah nexon please fix this, Especially because we don't have star planet anymore we need as much Resources for Reward points as Possible. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG WE NEED THE RP.
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    @PhantomMasterThief Actually, I don't think Shao even gave RP before this patch. There aren't any RP quests for her in the quest tab either.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Klara
    Klara said:

@PhantomMasterThief Actually, I don't think Shao even gave RP before this patch. There aren't any RP quests for her in the quest tab either.
    Actually i used to kill her but then i stoped, she gives about 20 - 30 rp , which i know is not very much , but it adds up if you add her to your dailies :)

• YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited October 2016
    i submited a ticket about this bug 2 days ago ... they are working on this i hope
  • bodhisativabodhisativa
    Reactions: 540
    edited October 2016
    Glad I'm not the only one who experienced this! Haven't logged on in a few days due to being busy, decided to give it another try and the same error is happening. 3 days later, 10/24/2016, 2:18pm, EL Nido, Channel 1, same character.

Another note, I also believe she is still on the map, though when I attack I see no damage taken. Every now and then it seems she will attack and I'll get about 34 damage (which is pretty low, but is what leads me to believe she is still there, just invisible and unresponsive).
  • ContrastContrast
    Reactions: 1,615
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    We the few that do Alishan LOL. Yeah with the bug Shao is still in the map after disappearing to summon but you can't see or damage her other than with general area DOTs. As a F/P i can keep summoning mist which will apply the DOT on her even after disappearing but only have enough damage to get her to 20% before the timer runs out.
  • MikevsZodaMikevsZoda
    Reactions: 1,055
    edited October 2016
    Definitely happening to me as well. 10/25/2016, multiple times today, Reboot, Shao just seems to sink into the ground when she disappears, I could see a debuff I applied to her hovering just above floor of the arena. Can't touch her with any of my current warrior skills from that position.
  • SapenshaSapensha
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I've had the same problem! I tried it twice yesterday (10/24) and once today (10/25) to no avail. I even rebooted my computer after my first failed attempt to attack the boss and it did nothing.
  • ninjaygoninjaygo
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2016
    i have it happen every time it goes down to 3/4 hp left, she goes somewhat invisible and to tries to go to the right i think (judging from how the fight goes for others).
    she is a transparent ball that cant be hit, the animation just stops and the sound will be on a loop even after going back to server select
    ive tried launching the game from steam, the nexon launcher, and direct game launcher and non do anything different
  • AdaunAdaun
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2016
    During the boss fight, every time Shao disappears, when she's like 6/7 of her HP, she no longer comes back. Totally glitched.