[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add Maple Points Support to Auction House

MaplePointsAHMaplePointsAH
Reactions: 300
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello Nexon,

I will like to make an interesting suggestion to solve the problem of items being worth more than 30b being unable to be sold in Auction house and users having to resort to illicit means to sell them, and for a better QOL option to allow users to trade items in other currency other than mesos.

It will be amazing if users had the ability to be able to list and purchase items for maple points in the Auction House.

Lets say a user has a very valuable item they want to list in Auction house that is worth more than 30b mesos, they can only list the item for 30b mesos due to this limitation they cannot use the Auction house and they have to go to other sources to sell the said item which will led to them possibly getting scammed by going to illegal black market sites or getting scammed in game for a valuable item.

Adding maple points support to the Auction house will not only promote a healthier trading environment but will lower the chances of getting scammed trying to sell a very valuable item more than the max amount of mesos in the game.

This addition will allow more players to be able to use the Auction house with a better user experience where items can be brought and sold not only for mesos but for maple points at well.

If this addition were to be added I know for a fact me and many Maplers will enjoy a way better trading experience in the Auction House.

Please consider this great suggestion.

Thank you
  1. Should Auction House support Maple points as alternative form of currency?11 votes
    1. Yes this will be a great addition
       36% (4 votes)
    2. No, I don't support this
       64% (7 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2020
    I don't believe nexon should facilitate or encourage RMT in their own game. I don't feel like reading through it, but I'm reasonably certain part of their terms of service states an explicit or implied forbidding of selling ingame items for external money. And maple points definitely fall under this category, given that you can buy them in 10,000, 20,000 and 30,000 amounts from the cash shop.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited January 2020
    RMT /RWT is when money/goods are traded/given outside of the game as exchange of ingame goods thats ilegal
    buying nx with your wallet so you can buy meso to use for all you want its legit
    ( in other words nexon lets you buy/sell items if only cash goes through their wallet but also indirectly encourage ilegal RMT/RWT market )

is more of a p2w approach or like whale asking to buy things instead of work/play for them
    sadly i can see this become reality at one point because we allready got meso market that works like this
    whales gets to meso/fund with maplepoints/cash
    nexon makes $ from whales maplepoints
    maplestoryNA health will further worsen if not destroyed

No, I don't support this !
    Lilyflower
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    RMT /RWT is when money/goods are traded/given outside of the game as exchange of ingame goods thats ilegal
    buying nx with your wallet so you can buy meso to use for all you want its legit
    ( in other words nexon lets you buy/sell items if only cash goes through their wallet but also indirectly encourage ilegal RMT/RWT market )

is more of a p2w approach or like whale asking to buy things instead of work/play for them
    sadly i can see this become reality at one point because we allready got meso market that works like this
    whales gets to meso/fund with maplepoints/cash
    nexon makes $ from whales maplepoints
    maplestoryNA health will further worsen if not destroyed

No, I don't support this !

Usually, the higher the value of the item, the fishier the currency involved with the trade. I have never seen a perfected piece of gear be sold for as mesos.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited January 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Usually, the higher the value of the item, the fishier the currency involved with the trade. I have never seen a perfected piece of gear be sold for as mesos.
    yea items such as frenzy/bod/fs.... goes thro RMT/RWT 95% of the time
    few factors makes that RWT/RMT more feasible option to trade
    - nexon for makeing players spend only $ thousands $ to get those items
    - hackers and things being useless to trade compared to items that come from $$ only $$
    - other factors
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2020
    RMT is against the rules, keep the discussion clean.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I don't believe nexon should facilitate or encourage RMT in their own game. I don't feel like reading through it, but I'm reasonably certain part of their terms of service states an explicit or implied forbidding of selling ingame items for external money. And maple points definitely fall under this category, given that you can buy them in 10,000, 20,000 and 30,000 amounts from the cash shop.

Maple points has already been tied to meso with Meso Market though. You can already buy meso with real money as an ingame feature, and then use that meso to buy items. You can sell items and convert that meso into maple points.
    MTS used to be a thing too, which was more direct.

I think OP's issue is more about the meso cap. I saw another suggestion about using coins for certain meso values to trade with, but someone would end up finding a way to dupe those eventually.

We can keep raising the meso cap but it wouldn't fix the economy or get rid of the black market (for reasons we can't discuss here). Let's just say that even if it was an option, people would not necessarily choose it.

Edit: To clarify, I'm opposed to the suggestion because it would ultimately not solve anything and may devalue meso as a currency even further if maple points were to be directly used in AH as an alternative/replacement.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited January 2020
    Srry I don't like the idea :/.