[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Shorten Action Delay of Mobbing Skills

Penguinz0Penguinz0
Reactions: 3,220
edited January 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm sure people who have raised enough jobs can agree that some double jump jobs can jump and use skill smoothly with no hiccup, while others feel very stiff while doing jump + attack (i.e WA and Kaiser). And sometimes the jump key gets ignored and you have to press it again. This is all due to action delay of skills, during which jump key is unresponsive. Jobs that feel stiff while doing jump+skill have either long action delay that lasts even after you landed or jump too short for your skill action to be finished before you land (adv warriors). Jobs that can jump+attack smoothly have either short action delay that ends before you land or jump long enough to end the action delay before you land. I just don't understand why not all double jump jobs are like this. It won't affect a jobs' performance in mobbing or bossing. It will simply make the gameplay smoother, which results in overall better experience. For jobs with separate bossing and mobbing skills, just shorten action delay of their mobbing skills, and for jobs with combined bossing and mobbing skills, give them slightly longer jump so that action delay can be finished by the time you land.
darik

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2020
    If you hold jump key, you can jump infinitely, holding down an attack changes the priority to that regardless if you hold jump then attack or the other way around. If you can hold down a skill jump, classes with jump actions would be able to maximize their potential without going to sticky keys.

Even on one of blaster shotgun combo would be doing it could be done without a special rhythm.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2020
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    If you hold jump key, you can jump infinitely, holding down an attack changes the priority to that regardless if you hold jump then attack or the other way around. If you can hold down a skill jump, classes with jump actions would be able to maximize their potential without going to sticky keys.

Even on one of blaster shotgun combo would be doing it could be done without a special rhythm.

I have zero clue what you're on about. I'm talking about mobbing situation for double jump jobs. When they mob, they go double jump -> attack in midair-> double jump-> attack mid air. Classes with short jump and/or long skill action delay (i.e Paladin) have stiff feels when mobbing this way because the action delay after they land on the ground will ignore jump key and any other keys. It doesn't matter if you hold down jump key or not. Nothing responds during those action delays except for cancel skills (cadena, merc etc).
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2020

I too have no clue what you mean, but you know you can turn off sticky keys and the like, right?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

I too have no clue what you mean, but you know you can turn off sticky keys and the like, right?

Bad wording, my bad. I'm aware of the effects of sticky keys. I'm just wondering if they can make it so the action of jumping won't be interrupted if someone decides to use a skill while jumping.

You can currently jump in place repeatedly, right? Just hold down the key assigned to "jump." You can cast as skill repeatedly simply by holding down the key assigned to the skill.

However, if you are holding down "jump" and you start holding down a skill, you will start attacking as long you are holding the key down, but you will no longer be jumping and you will only be attacking in place. The jump that is currently being held down will be ignored until you press "jump" again.

Similarly, it works in reverse too. Start holding down jump after you hold a skill key. You will be bouncing, but you won't be attacking until you release the skill and press the skill again.

If jumping didn't cancel attack and attack didn't cancel jump, there will be greater use cases where bouncing into attack will make it easier to hit higher mobs while jumping from attacking won't interrupt your attack.

If you are just trying to flash jump and attack, you will find it easier to jump in midair and immediately cast the skill. Mashing the 2 keys might have the skill cancel the jump.

Fuhreakdarik
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited January 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Bad wording, my bad. I'm aware of the effects of sticky keys. I'm just wondering if they can make it so the action of jumping won't be interrupted if someone decides to use a skill while jumping.

You can currently jump in place repeatedly, right? Just hold down the key assigned to "jump." You can cast as skill repeatedly simply by holding down the key assigned to the skill.

However, if you are holding down "jump" and you start holding down a skill, you will start attacking as long you are holding the key down, but you will no longer be jumping and you will only be attacking in place. The jump that is currently being held down will be ignored until you press "jump" again.

Similarly, it works in reverse too. Start holding down jump after you hold a skill key. You will be bouncing, but you won't be attacking until you release the skill and press the skill again.

If jumping didn't cancel attack and attack didn't cancel jump, there will be greater use cases where bouncing into attack will make it easier to hit higher mobs while jumping from attacking won't interrupt your attack.

If you are just trying to flash jump and attack, you will find it easier to jump in midair and immediately cast the skill. Mashing the 2 keys might have the skill cancel the jump.

No way in high hell they're gonna change the system like that. Even 10 year olds will be able to do macro controls in KMS if that kind of change is made