[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Relationship map of various characters

NeospectorNeospector
Reactions: 9,760
Volunteer Forum Moderator
edited November 2016 in Fan Creations

Here's a (relatively incomplete) map of the various relationships between characters. Inspired by this ancient chart by a Korean player, I made it using Draw.io, although I might just remake the whole thing.

It was a big pain to import and organize all of the individual character icons, and I found out too late that there are "auto-sort" functions. But I think it's pretty good for a crummy attempt.
JettLuvsUFennekinBasuraMarysePonPon

Comments

• YoshumariYoshumari
    Reactions: 2,075
    edited November 2016
    Sweet... i've used that old relationship map a TON... this'll be something I can update it with.

Y.K.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Hayato, Kanna, Ayame, Jett, Zen, and and their related story characters are forever irrelevant.

100% accurate!
  • UzumeUzume
    Reactions: 2,525
    edited November 2016
    I didn't know Kinesis was dating.. Y-Yuna? I forgot her name, purple haired girl.

Don't make me remember Lotus and Aria man, I'm still crying.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

I didn't know Kinesis was dating.. Y-Yuna? I forgot her name, purple haired girl.

Don't make me remember Lotus and Aria man, I'm still crying.
    Both male and female Kinesis are dating Yuna in their respective stories, although technically male Kinesis is canon (just like how female Demon and male Mastema exist and share the same relationship, but male Demon and female Mastema are canon).

In Kinesis's storyline, K makes a corny comment about how "the only girl [he/she's] worried about is right in front of [him/her]", to which Jay replies:

JettLuvsUUzume
  • UzumeUzume
    edited November 2016
    Ah I see, small detail I didn't pay attention to when I played (since I was playing with my boyfriend and we were reading the dialogue out loud and making comments on whatever we found interesting) nice job there!
    So one of my OTPs is real. Come on Tear, confess to Kyle and make my other OTP come true.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Ah I see, small detail I didn't pay attention to when I played (since I was playing with my boyfriend and we were reading the dialogue out loud and making comments on whatever we found interesting) nice job there!
    So one of my OTPs is real. Come on Tear, confess to Kyle and make my other OTP come true.
    I, too, am a shipper.
    UzumeJettLuvsU
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Omggggg yes, I hope they have a blockbuster for like Magnus or something soon which will feature AB and Kaiser lol. Maybe the next one, 'cause the girl at the end of Heroes of Maple has a connection with him? (speaking of, that's been another one of my ships since FriendStory uuuuu).

I wana see more Francis and Orchid, too. Francis deserves it... he's been beat up in what, at least five different storylines? Do we have a "Francis Owned Count" somewhere like TFS's Krillin?

• ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    This is a pretty good chart so far. I didn't notice some of the more subtle relationships before. Maybe I should catch up with the lore again.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    wow that's some good chart right there but i have a question is white mage relation with ephenia cause in the story of white mage that ephenia likes white mage.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    This is confusing and hurts my head, lets make it worse by adding Kao, Tess and all them to it as well.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

This is confusing and hurts my head, lets make it worse by adding Kao, Tess and all them to it as well.
    true.

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited November 2016
    I love charts like these. They're always interesting. Some of the relationships made me go "huh?" though. Mostly they're the romantic connections like the one between Kyle and Angelic Buster. I know Kyle was a huge Angelic Buster fanboy in KMS, but in GMS, he interacts rather normally with her. There's also the relationship between Belle and Brighton, which looked more like Brighton flirting and Belle's possible reciprocation to those feelings though they're not in an actual relationship; Evan's feelings for Mercedes, which I couldn't really detect; and the unrequited love Tear has for Kyle though to be fair, it's been a long time since I ran AB's storyline so I might have just forgotten or something.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2016
    PhoenixKumo

I love charts like these. They're always interesting. Some of the relationships made me go "huh?" though. Mostly they're the romantic connections like the one between Kyle and Angelic Buster. I know Kyle was a huge Angelic Buster fanboy in KMS, but in GMS, he interacts rather normally with her. There's also the relationship between Belle and Brighton, which looked more like Brighton flirting and Belle's possible reciprocation to those feelings though they're not in an actual relationship; Evan's feelings for Mercedes, which I couldn't really detect; and the unrequited love Tear has for Kyle though to be fair, it's been a long time since I ran AB's storyline so I might have just forgotten or something.

Lania and Luminous is probably the weakest link, which I pulled from the old Korean chart rather than in-game happenings.
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    I'm going to assume that the explorer isn't going to be any time soon (being the canonical "hero" of MapleStory). If it helps at all, I think that there is a weak link between Kao and the Explorer (not entirely sure, but the explorer has SOMETHING to do with Kao and his disappearance. I theorize that the explorer is Kao, but I still need a wee bit more evidence to prove my point).
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

I'm going to assume that the explorer isn't going to be any time soon (being the canonical "hero" of MapleStory). If it helps at all, I think that there is a weak link between Kao and the Explorer (not entirely sure, but the explorer has SOMETHING to do with Kao and his disappearance. I theorize that the explorer is Kao, but I still need a wee bit more evidence to prove my point).
    well, we know he is a warrior.
  • UzumeUzume
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

I believe you find all that out in the 5th job patch? I remember reading up on it a bit ago.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    edited November 2016
    Uzume
    Uzume said:

Gimo
    Gimo said:

I believe you find all that out in the 5th job patch? I remember reading up on it a bit ago.
    Kao is the player-character from the future who fought the Black Mage but failed because they didn't possess the power of the Arcane Force. They went back in time to help the player, but lost their memories. I'm not entirely sure how they're known in Ellin Forest hundreds of years ago, though.
  • UzumeUzume
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, that's what I read. Man, Kao is the most confusing existence in MapleStory..
    Perhaps the whole Ellin Forest thing is just another plot hole? It wouldn't surprise me, but if it does get explained that'd be great.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    i see a major lack of spegilman.
    JettLuvsU
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016

Evan X Mercedes OTP, lol.
    Lilyflower