[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Tour entry tickets in Reboot

ResetReset
Reactions: 1,485
edited February 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please only add the Maple Tour entry tickets to the reward points shop in Reboot and keep the maple points entry tickets for reg server only. I'm sure many people will definitely go to reg server just to buy maple points coupons with real money and then use those maple points on Reboot to get meso from Maple Tour and make Reboot become pay to win.
WONDERGUYTurtlesRockzmintYuiko20

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    Isn't Reboot the whole reason they're adding the dungeon in the first place? I assume they made the tickets for MP even with that in mind.
    Beef
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited February 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Isn't Reboot the whole reason they're adding the dungeon in the first place? I assume they made the tickets for MP even with that in mind.

That's the issue. They made extra tickets cost real money. In reboot. That should be setting alarm bells off in everyone's head. Those who pay money now have an advantage over others that don't. Depending on how viable the dungeon is for those outside of the level range it could become a fairly large issue (and even if it isn't viable outside the level range we all know it's way too easy to circumvent that). Of course, it already is a very large issue in the direction they're taking reboot.

Honestly, nexon needs to help reboot's progression with meso farming. They needed something extra, but this wasn't what they needed.
    RoseoleFamousTruthTurtlesRockzmint
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2020
    I agree that it's undoubtedly p2w, but OP seems to think it's an oversight and not a planned decision on Nexon's part.
    My point was that since this dungeon is being added specifically for Reboot's benefit in the first place, that they've most likely already considered how Reboot would get access to it, and decided on Maple Points, despite that being p2w.

So Nexon can technically offer an alternative to Bye-Bye to say "hey we care so here's this other thing", then nerf Malaysia to the ground, while still making the alternative less attractive than regular mesofarming in any other map. If the Maple Point entry fee wasn't your first clue, the whole 7-day payout system definitely is.

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't just outright remove Malaysia like they did Singapore. Malaysia even clashes with KMS content (Fantasy Theme World) so it would have been easy to throw the good old fOr BaLaNcE aNd CoNcIsTeNcY excuse out there.
    I'll be shocked if they don't remove the dungeon within a year claiming it's unused, or for the inevitable plethora of bugs/exploits it'll introduce.
    FuhreakRoseole
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited March 2020
    officially wellcome to p2w in reboot
    JettLuvsURoseolezmint
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Another Reboot server being selfish what a surprise! it should work like monster park entrance for reward points.. IN ALL SERVERS
    WONDERGUY
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    I thought they would've added them in the Reward Shop with the update, but I guess they want you to get them from events...
    In Sweepy's General Store, Maple Tour VIP Passes will be available with a 3 per day limit. These are untradeable and expire after 1 day.
    My only problem with this is Sweepy's store uses jellies which can only be earned once a day since you need to reach the coin cap to get them.
    I know in previous events Monster Park tickets were at least tradeable within the account.
    WONDERGUY
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited March 2020
    for those that say its not p2w or its useless x things give more

its 0.30 $cents +- for 27m +- in 1min/run up to +5runs/day
    total of 1500NX for 5-6min for all 5 runs and 135m+- each day

also not tested about meso % gear/inner/events... or if there is other way to get more then 27m (i think its still just 27m+-)

note this works if you take the meso after 7days
    and its without that 2 free runs
    also without tickets from events( unless its just one time thing or super rare)

so meso for time invested its good but its $$

also Maple Tour Coin opens some other bonus things(more runs more coins...)
  • RoseoleRoseole
    Reactions: 760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    I don't normally post on the Maple Forums but I feel like I have to voice my opinion on this topic.

Reboot World is a breath of fresh air when it comes to the pay2win of normal servers. It has survived and thrived since it opened and that's because it rewards players for hard work, rather than allowing players to pay their way to the top. When this server was first released, Nexon was going to introduce Mesos bags you could buy with real money and the community was outraged. We let our feelings know then with a massive amount of hysteria, petitions and people making thoughtful posts.

Unfortunately, it looks like you guys have completely forgotten why we felt so strongly about implementing pay2win measures.

Make no mistake, this Maple World Tour is pay2win. It may be insignificant to some, who are already able to farm billions every day. But the amount you can earn from this content shouldn't be the concern- it's the fact that they are even introducing concepts like this to the server. This is the second pay2win concept they have introduced in recent months, with the first being the Arcane River Dailies Pass. They don't mean much on their own, but they are slowly adding more and more ways where you can pay to progress and pay to win.

The whole point of Reboot was to remove the pay2win concept and give people a server they can play on. I implore Nexon to remove the ability to buy VIP pass with Maple Points on Reboot server, or change it to RP/Mesos at the very least. Here's what will slowly happen:

1) Players with money will buy their way to the top; players without money will get frustrated at more and more of these money grabs.

2) If players don't speak up with passion about this issue, there will be more pay2win concepts introduced. The only reason they stopped the mesos bag when Reboot World was first released was because the community spoke up about it. Anyone who is reading this thread and who is against Pay2Win in Reboot, I ask you to add your voice too.

3) Reboot World Players will slowly drop off and they will go elsewhere. There was a reason this server was introduced in the first play; to try to appease and bring back those players who had left because of the how badly the pay2win concepts were. I didn't touch Maple for years and years before Reboot, and now I regularly play.

I honestly hope Ghiblee passes on these thoughts/comments because you're ruining the entire concept of what Reboot World is.
    WONDERGUYTurtlesRockYuiko20darik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited March 2020
    yes MVP,pets its first p2w in reboot but community found way to work around (ye its not what reboot its about but still its not so broken)
    we also did fight when KMS recently wanted to remove the atmospheric MVP and replace with self buff(aswell as other MVP broken things)

the p2w was so obvious from the first MEMoE with no communication with players atall and the lack of GMST
    also not just that they wanted p2w in most popular world but they had to make p2w gap big with adding just 2 free runs and 5 for purchase

same happend in non-reboot
    it started with
    pigmy egg & gacha exclusive items then potential and the clasic crazy excuse you can buy them with meso from other whales then it went progressively worse
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2020
    I think nexon got a little overconfident allowing the arcane express pass in reboot not too long ago. However that system wasn’t intended to supplant arcane dailies, so most rebooters didn’t bother.

‘Maple tour’ on the other hand came with the end of low level kanna farming so that you are essentially forced to use it. And its absurd that there’s loophole allowing you to pay for progress on a server that revolves around free progress.

I refuse to believe this was an oversight by Nexon but regardless, selling additional entries for maple points has got to be the biggest blunder since the world transfer of 2017.
    FuhreakWONDERGUYTurtlesRockJettLuvsUYuiko20darik
  • Yuiko20Yuiko20
    Reactions: 700
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    I agree with that. They should remove maple points option and turn it to RP only. that's not fair to have one pay for daily mesos with real $