[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bots commin to steal your maps

HerptheDerpHerptheDerp
Reactions: 1,200
edited March 2020 in General Chat
This is absolutely ridiculous.
Ever since byebye got gutted I now have 10-15 bots cycling through every chicken map, the second you are not there, they will steal your map.
Why do I call them bots? Because no one would cycle channels with that efficiency. I see the same 10 kannas show up ever 2-3 min, like clockwork.
I had one try to take my map because I dissapeared for 5 seconds to refresh my familiar

"Hey lets get rid of instanced meso farm maps"
"Great what will we do with the massive overflow of characters flooding into normal maps?"
"NOTHING HAHAHA!"

I had guild members waiting for hours for a dcup map for the past few days.

Your stupid maple tour meso method is useless, I can make more meso in 5 min there with my arcanna, but since you took away the honeypot that was byebye, now arcanas are everywhere and EVERYONE LOOSES.

It takes 15-30 BILLION MESO to upgrade 1 piece of equiment to 20+ stars and you think giving 30-50 mill a day is going to fix anything?
You have all lost your collective minds!
JettLuvsUdarik

Comments

• TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited March 2020
    Bots are already back? That's pretty fast the patch didn't even last 2 days before hackers got past the security.
    JettLuvsUdarik
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited March 2020
    well, it's going to always be like that the security hasn't been serious for years and prob never will we should hope Korea does something soon :(
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Seriously, these guys have no chill. I'm not reboot but even over here it's bad.
    Can't even enjoy content since the maps I need are infested.
    darik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    riza wrote: »
    well, it's going to always be like that the security hasn't been serious for years and prob never will we should hope Korea does something soon :(

Even the most intrusive DRM methods can be cracked pretty quickly. Denuvo rarely ever makes it that long before it's hacked and it's one of the worst DRMs to ever exist.
    I highly doubt Nexon can make anything that can actually stop the hackers. Most hackers actually LIKE the challenge so if anything you'll just get it cracked faster.
    darik
  • rizariza
    edited March 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    riza wrote: »

Even the most intrusive DRM methods can be cracked pretty quickly. Denuvo rarely ever makes it that long before it's hacked and it's one of the worst DRMs to ever exist.
    I highly doubt Nexon can make anything that can actually stop the hackers. Most hackers actually LIKE the challenge so if anything you'll just get it cracked faster.

true but if we are to be the greatest community we should meet all challenges and riz a bove it. we are the maple community and should act as such. only question is does the team feel this way.
    darik
  • 40Kaisers40Kaisers
    Reactions: 300
    i LIKE to challenge, and I wish I had enough time to the crack the hackers.
    We'll crack each other back and forth.
    That would be fun
  • rizariza
    edited March 2020
    40Kaisers wrote: »
    i LIKE to challenge, and I wish I had enough time to the crack the hackers.
    We'll crack each other back and forth.
    That would be fun

absolutely we will crack the hackers down BAN THEM ALL!!! LEAVE NO SURVIVORS!!!
    40Kaisers