[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Quality of Life] Fixed External Chat Box Location

FuhreakFuhreak
Reactions: 7,440
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Suggestion: Save the location of "External Chat Box for windowed mode"
Alternative: Allow players to set snap location to one of the 4 sides of the client.

When using windowed mode, players are given the option to have an external chat box, which creates a second window they can move where they want.
This box is always snapped to the right of the maplestory client. However, with the introduction of 1080p, players can potentially have their chat window hidden.
If there is no monitor to the "right" of Maplestory, the chat window is completely hidden.
I play maplestory on my center monitor, with my second monitor on the left side. In order to get the chat window over on that monitor, I must...

1. Change resolution to something smaller
2. Disable External Chat then re-enable it
3. Drag the chat where I want it
4. Re-enable 1080p

I have to do this every time I launch Maplestory. My suggestion would fix this.
To prevent losing the chat box for good, it should reset location when you disable/enable it again.
SlicedTimeHanz_SoloLame_Green

Comments

• Hanz_SoloHanz_Solo
    Reactions: 400
    edited April 2020
    can we get some more sight on this, Recently changed my layout, and this is now happening to me.

really annoying. or just even have the maplestory chat window snap ontop of maple, allowing you to move it right away, even if its not saving