[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory stuck on white screen not responding

TrainermaxTrainermax
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
Hello! I wanted to get back into maplestory and tried to trouble shoot for many many hours but still couldn't figure out what was happening.
I tried launching from nexon launcher and from steam and maplestory just keeps getting stuck on the not responding white screen after nexon game security loads.. the logo never pops up and I've even had it running for 2 hours straight to see if it would work if I just let it run for a while.

Yes I made firewall exception/turned off real-time protection after a fresh reinstall too.

Tried the registry edit for soScreenMode(1 to 3)

Tried downloading in C:/ instead of D: like it was originally

Windows 10 Version 1909 currently

Comments

• SolonSolon
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2020
    Also having this problem.
    The only way I can get Maple to work is resetting the PC and opening it up, first thing.

On Windows 10 Ver. 1909 as well.
  • djwhitebootydjwhitebooty
    Reactions: 330
    edited April 2020
    What error are you getting? You may just need to clean out your registry (CCleaner is the general recommendation).
  • TrainermaxTrainermax
    Reactions: 100
    edited April 2020
    What error are you getting? You may just need to clean out your registry (CCleaner is the general recommendation).

I don't believe I am getting a clear error, the game just goes to not responding white screen and never loads haha. Then I just close the client eventually.

I think I changed to soScreenMode to 3, I guess I could change it back. I think I have firewall permissions set for maplestory too :(
    I really wanted to try out this game again for nostalgia :(