[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Expand Number of Channels Available in a World

MrJuggal0MrJuggal0
Reactions: 1,200
edited April 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With Reboot, for instance, showing full bars across all 20 channels these past few weeks, what would say 10 extra channels hurt putting that number to 30. It spreads out the players more, plus I see what looks like channel slots on the bottom when you go to select a channel upon first logging in. It would suck if they were never going to be in use, and stayed there as a decoration, so perhaps it would be nice if they became functional.

This can also be retrofitted to the paid servers; combine them all into a mega server since 3 of the four paid worlds are wastelands, then slap on another extra 10-20 channels to equally distribute the population and stabilize the servers. Nexon racks in mad amounts of money through NX, so I would presume they are capable of an upgrade like this.
WONDERGUYlink37890TurtlesRockCoahtemoczmintYacy

Comments

• TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited April 2020
    This is especially important in reboot because everyone farms in the same NON-INSTANCED map (rip byebye). It is almost impossible to find an open map unless someone gives you the map after they are done farming.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited April 2020
    For the smaller servers like Elysium and Aurora getting merged with Scania and having several channels would work to keep a balance of population and space, though its still a delicate issue. For Reboot I can totally see it.
  • zmintzmint
    Reactions: 635
    edited May 2020
    Yes give us more channels. Very unenjoyable gameplay to spend five minutes changing channels or stop realizing there are no available channels.