[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How can we fix this? ;)

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited May 2020 in General Chat
So I am trying to use the forum and respond to people and for some reason when you quote them it shows a huge wall of text. Is there a way some of the staff can fix this and find a way to condense it and instead of a huge wall of text, maybe 2 lines then a stop unless someone clicks show more.

Hope everyone having a great day and keep the voices up and let's make progress with our great game.

I think this website coding is similar to Wordpress so should be possible ;)

Y5CX3Cp.png

L1yzVNP.png

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    You can trim no longer relevant parts manually, or you can use the "Spoiler" feature to hide the old blocks of text.
    Prophetieriza
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    You can stop quoting entire goddamn chains too, riza.
    ProphetieIMewco
  • rizariza
    edited May 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    You can trim no longer relevant parts manually, or you can use the "Spoiler" feature to hide the old blocks of text.

Thx for the response!
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You can stop quoting entire goddamn chains too, riza.

We quote so no one says we stole it ;) Gotta reference the source forum member.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Disclaimer: I'm aware I'm posting in a riza thread.

It would be nice if there was a cut-off of quotes where they get automatically shortened or don't include previous quotes. Not so that we're able to keep quoting people into oblivion, but so that my poor scrolling wheel is spared when people choose to do so.

That said, I doubt we'll get any type of forum QoL at this rate. Custom avatars were a lie, the like-page is still unreadable, "More discussions" and "More comments" loads all wonky or doesn't load at all, you can't block people or change your own username, there's no post cooldown to prevent spam, the Little Light of Hope badge image has been broken for like a year.
  • rizariza
    edited May 2020
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Disclaimer: I'm aware I'm posting in a riza thread.

It would be nice if there was a cut-off of quotes where they get automatically shortened or don't include previous quotes. Not so that we're able to keep quoting people into oblivion, but so that my poor scrolling wheel is spared when people choose to do so.

That said, I doubt we'll get any type of forum QoL at this rate. Custom avatars were a lie, the like-page is still unreadable, "More discussions" and "More comments" loads all wonky or doesn't load at all, you can't block people or change your own username, there's no post cooldown to prevent spam, the Little Light of Hope badge image has been broken for like a year.

yeah, it would be great add on, the avatars I think they remove cause they didn't want people to post anything bad here. But idk we have mods right so I think it would be alright?

But yeah I think maybe a revamp of forums would be nice.