[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is it safe to use AntiMicro to remap controller?

BigNickBrianBigNickBrian
Reactions: 310
in General Chat
Was wondering if its safe to use programs like AntiMicro that remaps controller input to keyboard input. Reason being the game doesn't support Nintendo switch Joycons but with antimicro I can map the joycon inputs to mirror my keyboard functions. Is there any risks to this? Training for hours on end is seriously taking a toll on my wrist and being able to train on a controller would be great if possible.
Prophetie

Comments

• ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    I personally wouldn't risk it
    These days, the anti-cheat fires while players are AFK with no other programs running so just playing the game is risky

Hopefully they introduce better controller support in the future.
    If anyone knows of a safe, approved way to map buttons to keyboard, let me know
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited May 2020
    Was wondering if its safe to use programs like AntiMicro that remaps controller input to keyboard input. Reason being the game doesn't support Nintendo switch Joycons but with antimicro I can map the joycon inputs to mirror my keyboard functions. Is there any risks to this? Training for hours on end is seriously taking a toll on my wrist and being able to train on a controller would be great if possible.

I would say if you plan on doing it from what anyone tells u its 100% safe if you do it the right way. Do people get ban from doing it from anti-cheat? yes, cause most people who use programs don't know either how to set it up or if it's ok in the engine.

Mapping is ok as long as your controlling it as ms2 and many games allow you to map your controller.

As someone who uses an Xbox elite controller with a keypad, I can tell you first hand that playing with a controller is not only more effective but it makes bossing easier. If you're in ms1 discord maybe my mapping is still searchable. If you cant find I am in ms2 discord if you need the help. Also, there's a way to sync the joycons and trick it into being another type of controller.

I post examples below so you can see with your own eyes lol.

XDwiEXN.jpg
    xyUNcIc.jpg
    gpD0IZP.jpg
    Prophetie
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Prophetie wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't risk it
    These days, the anti-cheat fires while players are AFK with no other programs running so just playing the game is risky

Hopefully they introduce better controller support in the future.
    If anyone knows of a safe, approved way to map buttons to keyboard, let me know

I've been using antimicro for over 3 years with maplestory and never had any problems with it.
    I've easily ran the game for over 10k hours with antimicro running every hour of the way.
    Anecdotal testimonies be damned though.
    Just don't do anything stupid with it and I highly doubt Nexon could care less. They know their controller support is awful.
    Prophetie