[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Schedule Maintenance for November 3th.

JorjaxJorjax
Reactions: 865
edited November 2016 in General Chat
No lag fixed Nexon? For real? So my guess is that this lag was intentional?

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/18308/scheduled-maintenance-november-3-2016

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited November 2016
    Sadly no news for the lag issue *sigh* the lag is getting worse day by day when ever I try to play the game.
    BIackbean
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    No fix for runes....
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    chaoscauser

No fix for runes....
    lol no fix on anything and here we are waiting.

BIackbean
  • RlorsterRlorster
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    how about the 999 max items in cash shop glitch?
  • thekenturahthekenturah
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited November 2016
    If they don't fix this lag every 2 seconds, that now starts every time we log in this game will die. It's unplayable like this! We all know its because of the new chat channel, just take it out Nexon until you can get it right. :P
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    thekenturah

If they don't fix this lag every 2 seconds, that now starts every time we log in this game will die. It's unplayable like this! We all know its because of the new chat channel, just take it out Nexon until you can get it right. :P
    lol how about they fix everything :p which i doubt it if this goes on like this idk what to say for the game id say *DEAD* But not dying just *DEAD*.

BIackbean
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    chaoscauser

No fix for runes....
    The runes are intentional.
    So that issue is not going to be "fixed" as a bug.
    We can try to push a suggestion to restore them to spawning regardless of level, but that's a longer process.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

chaoscauser

No fix for runes....
    We can try to push a suggestion to restore them to spawning regardless of level, but that's a longer process.
    srry to burst your bubble but nexon just ignores what the player wants.

BIackbean
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

They almost never mention in maintenance notes beforehand if they are addressing lag issues. The lag may get better or it may not.

BTW its not an easy fix to get rid of the lag. There is over a decade of old, poorly maintained and, I suspect, poorly written code that contributes to the lag. The only way to get rid of it would be for Nexon to suck it up and take the time to almost completely rewrite GMS from the ground up. Remove legacy code. Do a better job at implementing the code from the different regions etc... And of course rewrite the parts of the engine that cause the lag, as well as optimize how many items mobs drop (ie greatly reduce the amount of drops, and increase their value proportionally).
    LilyflowerIvangold
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    I wonder how long that would take
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

They almost never mention in maintenance notes beforehand if they are addressing lag issues. The lag may get better or it may not.

BTW its not an easy fix to get rid of the lag. There is over a decade of old, poorly maintained and, I suspect, poorly written code that contributes to the lag. The only way to get rid of it would be for Nexon to suck it up and take the time to almost completely rewrite GMS from the ground up. Remove legacy code. Do a better job at implementing the code from the different regions etc... And of course rewrite the parts of the engine that cause the lag, as well as optimize how many items mobs drop (ie greatly reduce the amount of drops, and increase their value proportionally).
    Jorjax is talking specifically about the chat-channel stutter lag.
    That is very easy to get rid of.
    Lilyflower
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

chaoscauser

No fix for runes....
    No it isn't..... I am hunting mobs in my level range and they don't spawn don't give me that.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    chaoscauser

AKradian
    AKradian said:

chaoscauser

No fix for runes....
    No it isn't..... I am hunting mobs in my level range and they don't spawn don't give me that.
    "Your level range" in this case is up to 10 levels below or above, even if you're over 150. Just because Elites spawn doesn't mean runes will.
    Lilyflower
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

I wonder how long that would take
    Honestly not that long. I mean yes it would take a while, but not years or anything. The best way to move forward if they were to do this would be to pick parts of the core engine that they want to fix, rewrite that one part over 2-3 months depending on the size of it, and then roll it out in an update. Then pick another part of the core engine to redo. As part of the same projectwould be to simultaneously remove old data from the client and server side. Removing it at best can remove some sources of lag, at worst it severely reduces the amount of possible exploits in the code and I know Nexon can't complain about that.
    Lilyflower