[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to launch game

RedStorkRedStork
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
So I used to play a ton of Maple back in the day. I've been wanting to get back to it since the 15 year anniversary. Sadly I haven't had a single succesful launch so far.
I've tried editing the register, turning off my firewall/antivirus. Reinstalling multiple times, tried a different monitor with regular 1920x1080 resolution. Tried running the game through Steam, tried changing compatibility modes. I've tried every trick in the book, reddit, youtube and on this forum.

What the f?

Comments

• KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited May 2020
    I went through the same fiasco, unsure if this will help you because with this game what works for one doesn't work for twenty others but this is how I managed to get into a playable game after being away for years.

1) restart your computer, don't try the next steps if you've already tried to get into the game. You want a fresh start.
    2)open task manager and scroll through and look for anything nexon related or maplestory, if there is close the task. Keep this open.
    3) right click game out of the folder, not the short cut, and run as admin.
    4) click the toggle and find where repair game is and click it, even if you've done this before.
    5) when that's done launch the game, this won't work and you'll get back to the launcher, head into task manage, find all nexon related files and maplestory and close tasks, rinse repeat - launch > it'll boot/crash out / delete from task manager / try again. It takes me anywhere from 3 - 9 attempts EACH TIME I want to play at #5 before the actual game log in appears (where you pick your world)
    6) once you're at the pick a world screen, wait an full min, then pick your world. If it crashes do step #5 again starting with deleting any nexon tasks and maplestory tasks from task manager.
    7) once you successfully pass world picker you want to not touch a button, don't do a thing until the 'create a new character' button appears active, only then log into the game, the game will crash out otherwise and if it does it's back to #5 starting with deleting all those nexon files and maplestory files in task manager.

Good luck, I went through all the troubleshooting and multiple fresh downloads and only the above steps finally get me into the game each day.

Unsure if it'll work for you but fingers crossed!
  • DanDarkHolmeDanDarkHolme
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2020
    Hi, I got my game fixed by switching to the Inbuilt admin account.
    That way i got past the White screen issue
    This is how i did it (Make sure to set a password)
    https://www.ghacks.net/2014/11/12/how-to-enable-the-hidden-windows-10-administrator-account/

However, the annoying part is that you need to setup all your user things and stuff again.
    I wish there was a way to not have to switch to the admin account to play this game.