[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This game feels very frustrating

DefectiveBlueDefectiveBlue
Reactions: 1,060
edited May 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have been a player for many years and I might as well be posting my grievances here but I feel there is a lot wrong with the game as of right now. Since when did the event shops need to have certain "tiers" to acquire just so you can be able to buy something? A tier which you have to spend the coins you are farming just to expand the daily limit and items you can buy? What benefit is there to this? Also the rates for items in MapleStory like cubes, nodes, flames, or star forcing just feel astronomically small. It also sucks how everything is straight up untradeable which is confusing. Did Chaos Zakum's Branch really need to be untradeable? How is that item being tradeable breaking the game in any way? Speaking of bosses, why do some have as many attempts per day (Granted you have to wait 30 minutes which in the servers defense, having unlimited attempts without waiting anytime would probably strain the servers hard so I can understand that.) yet, bosses like gollux you straight up only get one attempt per day no exceptions? There isn't even a practice mode for gollux like the other bosses so how am I supposed to even try and get better when the game is designed to hinder you as much as possible? While on the subject of bosses why does hard hilla have that stupid absorb move you can't even counter? Or lucid with her bombs? Those moves do not make the game challenging, it literally makes the content for an average player who wants to at least try impossible. Listen, I really like the game and have loved playing it as a kid. It will always be nostalgic but it is infuriating to see the game having problems with these updates that never existed pre-big bang. Old events didn't require you reach a certain tier or rank to access the full shop, things were untradeable but there didn't seem to be an overabundance of them where now everything feels like it will more than likely be untradeable, and people could still do a regular attack swing with any sword or 1 handed weapon that met the person class requirements yet, despite being able to equip a 1 handed weapon I can't attack with it unless it is my class? Very irritating and do not understand why this was taken away from everyone nor do I believe it caused any problems for Nexon. All these new restrictions that seemingly serve no purpose make Maplestory in general hard to enjoy and while I believe that it is important to still have a game be challenging in certain circumstances, some of these updates and new restrictions don't even benefit Nexon anyways (Like restricting everyone being able to swing a maple sword around.) I cannot be the only player who feels frustrated with each of the things I have listed and hope that this will be looked at as more than a player just being salty. Please relax some of the trivial restrictions and maybe look into the % of use items like cubes, nodes, and flames cause the rates to feel unreal. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I'm not just trying to criticize the game.
r
  1. Does it seem like there are too many restrictions with Bossing, Items, and Events?11 votes
    1. Yes! I miss being able to attack with a beginners sword.
       27% (3 votes)
    2. Nah, you just sound salty and biased.
       73% (8 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Event shop tiers have existed for a few years. Not all event shops have tiers; the Goblin Market shop didn't, for example, and the upcoming RISE shop, to my knowledge, did not have tiers in KMS.
    Also, events with tiers give a stat-boosting skill which increases with each tier, and grant a prize box upon advancing each tier.

Flames are actually rather common, you should look into building your monster collection and crafting.

Hard Hilla's cage and Lucid's bombs (along with, for that matter, Chaos Crimson Queen's breath, Ursus' bombs, and Papulatus' bombs) are designed to work with multiple party members. Hilla's cage can be attacked from the outside, and the bombs (and breath) deal less damage when you concentrate multiple players in the same area.
    You either have to bring along friends who can help you with these mechanics, kill the bosses fast enough solo, or utilize invincibility frames to avoid these attacks. Heroes Will can—to my knowledge—still grant you immunity to Hilla's cage if you time it carefully, Queen's breath can be nullified or reduced with certain skills, Papulatus bombs are survivable, and Lucid/Ursus I'm unsure if they can be nullified as I've never tried, but they should be blocked by certain i-frame skills or long-duration invincibility skills (such as Full Metal Barrage, Omega Blaster, and maybe Hunter's Prey?)

No class can use their class-specific skills if they equip a weapon not for their class. If your character cannot attack at all, they may be a class that has a skill bound to the normal attack function, such as Aran or Demon Slayer.
    However, since a beginner's sword doesn't let you use any skills, it's not really worthwhile to use a beginner's sword in place of anything.
    FuhreakProphetie
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Please learn to format.
    But basically everything Neospector said.
  • DefectiveBlueDefectiveBlue
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak you should learn how to contribute your own opinions rather than simply agreeing, please.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    Fuhreak you should learn how to contribute your own opinions rather than simply agreeing, please.

I opinionated that you need to learn to format.
    Agreeing with somebody is also my own opinion.
    Here's my opinion, yes you're salty and bias, happy now?
    edited May 2020
    I mean that's what the poll is for and maybe I might have been a little salty but you typing it out like that makes it seem like you're even saltier. Congratz.
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited May 2020
    Too lazy to go over everything but ill go over two things, Event shops having tiers isn't a problem, simply capping on your main is enough to get all the items you want + rank ups, a mule for ranking up is enough to get everything, it is a little more work, but if you don't want to do the work don't complain about getting less rewards.

And cage can be avoided by any iframe or heros will, and bombs can be avoided with an iframe aswell, but you're most likely going in there with a team so group up to not take full damage.
    edited May 2020
    Too lazy to go over everything but ill go over two things, Event shops having tiers isn't a problem, simply capping on your main is enough to get all the items you want + rank ups, a mule for ranking up is enough to get everything, it is a little more work, but if you don't want to do the work don't complain about getting less rewards.

And cage can be avoided by any iframe or heros will, and bombs can be avoided with an iframe aswell, but you're most likely going in there with a team so group up to not take full damage.

Thank you and yeah I heard in runs with a party iframes only pass the bomb around which I just learned today. Thank you for the tip though.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I mean that's what the poll is for and maybe I might have been a little salty but you typing it out like that makes it seem like you're even saltier. Congratz.

I made a suggestion. You clearly didn't want to hear it, so I just told you what you already were thinking in the back of your head with your poll.
    I could go into detail but why bother when someone has already pointed out what I would have in the first place?
    My first point still stands. Please format your posts, it makes them easier to read. No need to lash out if you don't like the responses to your thread.
    I wasn't trying to be rude with my original post. Your second post was rude and so I was rude back.
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited May 2020
    The tier shops are awesome what are you talking about. Those shops are always the best event shops with amazing items. The tiers are like a gateway to make sure you actually participate and in the long run you will end up with way more coins. Case in point, currently I'm at over 10k coins in pixel event
  • LatemasterLatemaster
    Reactions: 1,780
    edited May 2020
    Tier up stores are quite nice, though in pixel event tier 4 seemed to be bit low value in comparison to others.

boss entry limits are quite dumb anyways since even after practicing your skills to have guaranteed deathless run you can still dc during it and then it takes whole day to try again. Limit clears not entries.

Well lucid/ursus bombs are bit nasty since you can't prevent them from hitting you without iframes that some classes don't have or atleast can't instantly trigger them. So only way to not die on them is to have party members closeby which isn't always that easy, especially on lucid 1st phase with tons of golems making it bit hard to stack up sometimes. hilla cage is abnormal status so that you can avoid with heroes will and erdas will but their cooldown is so long that it's just once. Would be nice if the bosses didn't have some skills that are unavoidable dmg. For example lucid bombs wouldn't even be that bad if you could cleanse them with the statues for example or get inside some barrier area so you could try it solo if you wanted.
    CutieMiku
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited May 2020
    Arlong wrote: »
    The tier shops are awesome what are you talking about. Those shops are always the best event shops with amazing items. The tiers are like a gateway to make sure you actually participate and in the long run you will end up with way more coins. Case in point, currently I'm at over 10k coins in pixel event

^this

If you actually play the game and train regularly, it's ridiculously easy to get a lot of coins. I'm a 5-Star Hero with 7k coins that I still don't know what to spend on.
    edited May 2020
    Latemaster wrote: »
    Tier up stores are quite nice, though in pixel event tier 4 seemed to be bit low value in comparison to others.

boss entry limits are quite dumb anyways since even after practicing your skills to have guaranteed deathless run you can still dc during it and then it takes whole day to try again. Limit clears not entries.

Well lucid/ursus bombs are bit nasty since you can't prevent them from hitting you without iframes that some classes don't have or atleast can't instantly trigger them. So only way to not die on them is to have party members closeby which isn't always that easy, especially on lucid 1st phase with tons of golems making it bit hard to stack up sometimes. hilla cage is abnormal status so that you can avoid with heroes will and erdas will but their cooldown is so long that it's just once. Would be nice if the bosses didn't have some skills that are unavoidable dmg. For example lucid bombs wouldn't even be that bad if you could cleanse them with the statues for example or get inside some barrier area so you could try it solo if you wanted.

Thank you, like damiens seals can be undone by pressing space bar when an altar/tombstone thing appears and I have absolutely no problem with that because at least it is not an instant death. Even lucids butterflies are absolutely no problem because at the very least, you can dodge them. I guess my post was more or less expressing what might be potentially disheartening to others as well. My initial problem with the shops overall is having to buy the next tier with the same coins you have a finite amount of daily despite it only increases the maximum by fifty coins I believe. I don't doubt the items in the shop are good but it feels like I'm being told to jump through an unnecessary hoop just to have full access to the store. Either way I will absolutely admit that it was dumb of me to assume that the regular weapon swing was locked for everyone else but me. Should have known it was a class thing which now reflecting on it, makes perfect sense why my regular attack swing would be locked out when using a regular sword for my class. My bad on that.
  • nathanknightnathanknight
    Reactions: 840
    edited June 2020
    Hello mods.
    I have a problem.
    My quest "Challenge of the Tactics 4" remains there after i completed the quest just to reach the limit of pixel coins per day (max is now 500).
    I am going to get the Pixel Hero Medal, but what happened?
    After I cleared the quest of reaching the max pixel coins, and is still tactics 4.
    Still Tactics 4 after i completed the quest of getting full?
    Maybe some kind of error.

I just sold my soul for that nothing?

I need a complete quest lists here for getting a Pixel Hero Medal now.

I feel frustrated.

Currently wearing complete Pixel Hero Equipments.

I am going to submit the ticket if nothing happened of getting a Pixel Hero Medal out of frustration.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited June 2020
    Arlong wrote: »

clearly you guys were not around when there was no capping on coins. instead you can farm as many as you wanted but the purchases were limited on certain items and the drop rate for coins was about the same as the rate that you acquire "points" for the current coin capping.

the CURRENT coin cap nonsense forces people to be on longer then they actually want to be..

in the OLD coin cap system you could farm as much or as little as u want while grinding then not play for a week and not be screwed over cus you may potentially not have enough coins to afford the what CURRENT coin system has locked behind ranking up 4 times.

plus being forced to rank up on alts is bad design. its great for nexon as players play longer. but for the players its a nuisance. nowhere does it state that you should cap on your other alts. however the coin capping events we have are so badly designed that you are FORCED into using multiple alts in order to fully benefit on the shop which is an other thing. id like you to try capping on Only your main and letting us know how much of the shop you can afford . (if u just do some math you can already figure this out)

the pixel shop does not carry as much items as mainline update shops do but if you were to not cap on alts you only barely have enough to just get the baseline of what you probably want. this is the first time a coin shop they provided actually gives you an Excessive amount of coins but thats only cus the amount of purchase options are significantly lower.

OLD coin cap system you could actually casually buy out a shop via grinding daily. without even considering hoping on a 2nd/3rd/4th/5th character. tho i am sure some people may have done that. the main point is that you didn't have to do that.

remember enjoyable / lucky winters. the original event where those were purchasable did not have this annoying style of coin capping (as well as having no purchase limit) which is why to this day YEARS later that we still have some pieces left.. is there alot ? yes. but thats because people put in the time to farm them. but they were not forced to do it.
    in a NEW capping system. almost everything you purchase expires besides . well you have seen a coin shop.

not to mention they made items expire 10 days after purchase instead of what they used to do which was delete expiring items at the end of the event which makes more logical sense to do.

this coin shop style has its perks but its nowhere is good as how they were before. however i do admit that todays coin shops do have more options for purchase. tho that could be simply because the game has changed and there is more stuff to potentially buy
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited June 2020
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    clearly you guys were not around when there was no capping on coins.

The old events had players farm 16 hours a day to make sure they could capitalize as much as possible during those events and obtain years worth of buff items among other things.
    Meanwhile, the current style allows you to get everything you NEED by playing 20-45 minutes a day and obtain more stuff if you WISH to spend the extra time.
    These styles of shops also have rank up rewards that are more than worth it. I spent a total of 5 hours on my kanna mule to get 15 Stormgrowth potions, a Typhoon Growth Potion, 5 3x EXP coupons, 13 2x EXP coupons, 10 Nodestones, 20 Symbols, 5 Red Cubes, 3 Eternal Flames, 2x Epic pot Scrolls, MC Cubes and 5 Honor Medals. In 5 hours spread over a month.
    That alone makes the event worth it. Players who couldn't play much didn't fair any better during the old events.
    Oh and the event buffs are insane for mules
    Fuhreak