[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Once the pandemic is over

soneview123soneview123
Reactions: 265
edited May 2020 in General Chat
Nexon America has announced a new nerf to kannas and the reward point-counterpart, the now called Wild Totem. This will affect everyone as it is well know that having a Kanna is almost a requirement to be able to do anything in this game, from leveling up to farming anything be it mesos, coins or whatever. There has been an influx of new players these last months for reasons we all know yet instead of taking opportunity to improve the game, Nexon America and their harbinger of doom, Anna, have taken to themselves to make an onslaught on their loyal player base. First they make that horrible Masteria whatever, whoever designed that atrocious starforce system would fit right in a slave camp, whoever came up with the idea should be fired on the spot, they have no regards for the player base. Then Hell Gollux became inaccesible for anyone under 20,000,000 range and those like me, in the 3,000,000 and up range have to conform to a single piece of the superior set every FORTY days, the new prices are stupidly high and locking ALL of the sets behind the Hellux-and-Hardlux-only Gollux Coins is just malicious, the Cracked and Solid set should be purchable with Gollux Pennies, how else is a earlygame player, someone that maybe is able to kill Empress is going to obtain a set? Wait a whole month for the ring to drop? If ever? Of course, they wouldnt understand what Im talking about because they are out of touch with the game, they dont know how a player progress nor care apparently. Then they botch the familiar update taking it away for God knows how long, presumably they will enable the system back again in July but thats taking their word, I know and a lot of people do too now that they dont really care about the players, they said July but since they have shown they dont know how the avergae player plays their game nor they care I know their word is not a guarantee of anything.

And now this, Kishin and Totem nerf. The game have moved in a direction where the players can easily clear entire maps with their skills, mobility is a given now with previously slow as a snail classes like Warrios or Pirates jumping around with flash jump and grappling hooks, Kanna and the Totems complement that kind of gameplay, not only that, the game revolves around that, the concept of "kill as fast as possible", with things like events coins that are behind thousands and thousands of monsters kills, in this current event I take at least and hour and a half to accumulate the 500 coins cap. Kishin and the Fury Totem cuts that by almost half, every farming activity relies on these two, in regular servers you have people farming things like nodestones and droplets, well, their rates have gone under by a quarter with this nerf, and what about people in Reboot? A server built around farming? Why would you make a server built around farming and then make farming slower and slower? When you nerf these two, Kishin and the rewards points-totem, you go against the very concept the game have been expanding to, the game became much more accesible with BigBang and now is it going backwards? Instead of going backwards why not expand the game with those core skills that the community have grown accustomed to? That way the game would be moving foward without upseting the playerbase. I dont understand the decision of taking away, Nexon America should build upon it.

These new players will take much longer to reach milestones like lv 200 and their first kill of whatever boss, the returning players will find themselves having to put much more hours to catch up and those who never left are stuck with a nerf and 20% slower everthing. Will this game survive one the pandemic is over and most people return to their dailies activities? People wont have hours upon hours to throw at the game, a game Nexon America is making harder and harder and slower, and unstable, is ridicoulous how frequently the client crashes and the lag spikes that are so annoying. Will this game have the appeal to keep the player baser, well, playing? Before the pandemic numbers werent so hot, in Scania I just trained whatever map I went because there were no people, now I have found myself channel surfing a lot more often. With these new changes that make the game much slower, once the pandemic is over, will we return to pre pandemic levels or will those changes make the even less populated? They want us to move to a game more like KMS? an excruciatingly slow game? With people like Anna just trowing nerfs instead of contributing anything useful? I, for myself, would quit.
Luminous0014darikSlicedTimebazzyDuceliaLindaWONDERGUYCount

Comments

• Luminous0014Luminous0014
    Reactions: 1,055
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I also wrote something to Nexon Support saying about the same things that you said. To be honest, I don't think they ever read anything!
    Every other game see this quarantine as an opportunity to make fun events and take more players in, but apparently that is not how Nexon thinks. Guess they are trying to kick players out of the game and close it like Maplestory 2? Kind of like run away with the money?

By the way, how do you get a superior equip from Gollux every 40 days? I only get 1 coin dropped from Hard Gollux, It will take me 700 days for one superior equip.
    darikKrownopJettLuvsUWONDERGUYCount
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    This community deserves so much better than this.
    darikKrownopShadowRikuJettLuvsUWONDERGUYCount
  • KanukovKanukov
    Reactions: 415
    edited May 2020
    Game was dead before this whole situation, and it Will be more dead than ever after it
    bazzyKrownopWONDERGUY
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    See, Korea has a test server that works, while our test was a complete disaster and accomplished absolutely nothing. Their base spawn is much higher than ours to accommodate for no kishin. Everything there seems to run a lot more smooth than our current GMS hellhole.
    Prophetie
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    Reactions: 900
    edited June 2020
    bazzy wrote: »
    See, Korea has a test server that works, while our test was a complete disaster and accomplished absolutely nothing. Their base spawn is much higher than ours to accommodate for no kishin. Everything there seems to run a lot more smooth than our current GMS hellhole.

Their base spawn actually isn't different than ours. This was something proven to be false a while ago yet it spread like wildfire.
    They grind with the same base spawn as ours, just without kishin or totems.
    I'd link the proof to this but it'd get redacted.
    WONDERGUY
  • DuceliaLindaDuceliaLinda
    Reactions: 480
    edited June 2020
    Nexon America has announced a new nerf to kannas and the reward point-counterpart, the now called Wild Totem. This will affect everyone as it is well know that having a Kanna is almost a requirement to be able to do anything in this game, from leveling up to farming anything be it mesos, coins or whatever. There has been an influx of new players these last months for reasons we all know yet instead of taking opportunity to improve the game, Nexon America and their harbinger of doom, Anna, have taken to themselves to make an onslaught on their loyal player base. First they make that horrible Masteria whatever, whoever designed that atrocious starforce system would fit right in a slave camp, whoever came up with the idea should be fired on the spot, they have no regards for the player base. Then Hell Gollux became inaccesible for anyone under 20,000,000 range and those like me, in the 3,000,000 and up range have to conform to a single piece of the superior set every FORTY days, the new prices are stupidly high and locking ALL of the sets behind the Hellux-and-Hardlux-only Gollux Coins is just malicious, the Cracked and Solid set should be purchable with Gollux Pennies, how else is a earlygame player, someone that maybe is able to kill Empress is going to obtain a set? Wait a whole month for the ring to drop? If ever? Of course, they wouldnt understand what Im talking about because they are out of touch with the game, they dont know how a player progress nor care apparently. Then they botch the familiar update taking it away for God knows how long, presumably they will enable the system back again in July but thats taking their word, I know and a lot of people do too now that they dont really care about the players, they said July but since they have shown they dont know how the avergae player plays their game nor they care I know their word is not a guarantee of anything.

And now this, Kishin and Totem nerf. The game have moved in a direction where the players can easily clear entire maps with their skills, mobility is a given now with previously slow as a snail classes like Warrios or Pirates jumping around with flash jump and grappling hooks, Kanna and the Totems complement that kind of gameplay, not only that, the game revolves around that, the concept of "kill as fast as possible", with things like events coins that are behind thousands and thousands of monsters kills, in this current event I take at least and hour and a half to accumulate the 500 coins cap. Kishin and the Fury Totem cuts that by almost half, every farming activity relies on these two, in regular servers you have people farming things like nodestones and droplets, well, their rates have gone under by a quarter with this nerf, and what about people in Reboot? A server built around farming? Why would you make a server built around farming and then make farming slower and slower? When you nerf these two, Kishin and the rewards points-totem, you go against the very concept the game have been expanding to, the game became much more accesible with BigBang and now is it going backwards? Instead of going backwards why not expand the game with those core skills that the community have grown accustomed to? That way the game would be moving foward without upseting the playerbase. I dont understand the decision of taking away, Nexon America should build upon it.

These new players will take much longer to reach milestones like lv 200 and their first kill of whatever boss, the returning players will find themselves having to put much more hours to catch up and those who never left are stuck with a nerf and 20% slower everthing. Will this game survive one the pandemic is over and most people return to their dailies activities? People wont have hours upon hours to throw at the game, a game Nexon America is making harder and harder and slower, and unstable, is ridicoulous how frequently the client crashes and the lag spikes that are so annoying. Will this game have the appeal to keep the player baser, well, playing? Before the pandemic numbers werent so hot, in Scania I just trained whatever map I went because there were no people, now I have found myself channel surfing a lot more often. With these new changes that make the game much slower, once the pandemic is over, will we return to pre pandemic levels or will those changes make the even less populated? They want us to move to a game more like KMS? an excruciatingly slow game? With people like Anna just trowing nerfs instead of contributing anything useful? I, for myself, would quit.

totally agree with his criticism. Nexon forgot his players and only thinks about his benefits and a producer like Anna. honestly there is no good fruit in the action in the game and in the poor technical state abandoned to luck by ridiculous maintenance and an instability of a server to a skill and job ...
    WONDERGUY
  • LaxrsiLaxrsi
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited June 2020
    Both KMS and Anna do not care about the player base, simple as that. They think everyone wants to grind like KMS but in reality a lot of people have lives outside the game. Even if the player base drops, they don't care because they will just start releasing events for whales that keep them afloat or new cash shop items to keep F2P around.
    WONDERGUY
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    What's the point of whaling when mob HP is so low that you one shot in epic gear.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    [
    quote="soneview123;28245"]Nexon America has announced a new nerf to kannas and the reward point-counterpart, the now called Wild Totem. This will affect everyone as it is well know that having a Kanna is almost a requirement to be able to do anything in this game, from leveling up to farming anything be it mesos, coins or whatever. There has been an influx of new players these last months for reasons we all know yet instead of taking opportunity to improve the game, Nexon America and their harbinger of doom, Anna, have taken to themselves to make an onslaught on their loyal player base. First they make that horrible Masteria whatever, whoever designed that atrocious starforce system would fit right in a slave camp, whoever came up with the idea should be fired on the spot, they have no regards for the player base. Then Hell Gollux became inaccesible for anyone under 20,000,000 range and those like me, in the 3,000,000 and up range have to conform to a single piece of the superior set every FORTY days, the new prices are stupidly high and locking ALL of the sets behind the Hellux-and-Hardlux-only Gollux Coins is just malicious, the Cracked and Solid set should be purchable with Gollux Pennies, how else is a earlygame player, someone that maybe is able to kill Empress is going to obtain a set? Wait a whole month for the ring to drop? If ever? Of course, they wouldnt understand what Im talking about because they are out of touch with the game, they dont know how a player progress nor care apparently. Then they botch the familiar update taking it away for God knows how long, presumably they will enable the system back again in July but thats taking their word, I know and a lot of people do too now that they dont really care about the players, they said July but since they have shown they dont know how the avergae player plays their game nor they care I know their word is not a guarantee of anything.

These new players will take much longer to reach milestones like lv 200 and their first kill of whatever boss, the returning players will find themselves having to put much more hours to catch up and those who never left are stuck with a nerf and 20% slower everthing. Will this game survive one the pandemic is over and most people return to their dailies activities? People wont have hours upon hours to throw at the game, a game Nexon America is making harder and harder and slower, and unstable, is ridicoulous how frequently the client crashes and the lag spikes that are so annoying. Will this game have the appeal to keep the player baser, well, playing? Before the pandemic numbers werent so hot, in Scania I just trained whatever map I went because there were no people, now I have found myself channel surfing a lot more often. With these new changes that make the game much slower, once the pandemic is over, will we return to pre pandemic levels or will those changes make the even less populated? They want us to move to a game more like KMS? an excruciatingly slow game? With people like Anna just trowing nerfs instead of contributing anything useful? I, for myself, would quit.[/quote]

I would like to thank you first for being a voice and voicing your concern for what is pending to happen. We don't have many people doing it most will stay voiceless and never bring these issues to the forefront so thanks for doing it.

I had seen these issues where each update they had been making the game worse and worse, and instead of coming up with more innovative and creative updates and features. They are destroying some classes and economy.

I have seen this first with the kaiser update, then with bishop heavens door and magic shell. Some people may come and attack these points, but the issue still stands that the game is getting butchered and destroyed. We have a duty as players to use our voices to try and leave feedback to stop these things from happening.

Maybe they may listen, but you have been a voice today and had done a great job in bringing the information to the people. Have a great day people ;)