[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Retaining my free to play status

ArlongArlong
Reactions: 4,645
edited May 2020 in Rants and Raves
So I'm a free to play player. I've never bought nx except for 1 perm pet like 10 years ago which isn't too big a deal now since you can get pets for free through various means. Point is, I've never used money to buy enhancement items like cubes, bonus cubes, guardian scrolls, etc. so I consider myself a free to play player. I also follow the rules strictly and have never traded mesos for real life money or nx. I'm proud of how far I've come through time and effort alone. That being said, I was planning on buying nx next month because I've hit a bit of a wall in my progression and cannot go further in a reasonable time. I can show screenshots of conversations with my guild to prove that I actually was planning on doing this, and I was planning on buying A LOT of nx. However, I'm so pissed off with the recent memo of what is to come that I decided NOT to do that anymore. You will continue to never see a dollar out of me nexon unless by some miracle nexon heeds the mountains of complaints coming their way on the kishin/fury issue.

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2020
    I mean... okay?
    You could always use meso market which is a perfectly legit way to stay F2P and still get "NX" while not directly supporting Nexon. But arguably you support Nexon in a way just by playing the game and adding to their statistics.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2020
    Ultimately, compared to some of the larger whales, your one-time "well I was gonna spend money but now idk anymore" is inconsequential; it would go unnoticed whether you spent the money or not. If everyone followed suit, nexon might have a problem on their hands. Unfortunately, the "vote with your wallets" crowd from reddit doesn't seem to speak for the majority of the player base.

Don't take it the wrong way, I understand what you're saying, where you're coming from, and not giving these clowns money until things drastically improve for the average player is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with. The problem is, nice sentiment it may be, at least half of the "vote with your wallets" crowd will literally throw their entire wallets at the screen the moment they announced miracle time; they won't be able to give nexon their money fast enough. And I bet nexon is well aware of this fact.
  • ArlongArlong
    edited May 2020
    true enough, given how many whales exist that spend literally thousands of dollars to upkeep their mvp, it's not going to make much difference. But I'd still rather do and say what I think is right even if I'm alone
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited May 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I understand what you're saying, where you're coming from, and not giving these clowns money until things drastically improve for the average player is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with. The problem is, nice sentiment it may be, at least half of the "vote with your wallets" crowd will literally throw their entire wallets at the screen the moment they announced miracle time

well well well look who say that to other now. boredphine what happend ? finally sober ?
    the one who flamed and throw insults on all for saying that now says same himself lol
    did you lose bunch cash gambling on marvel ? or did you get sad that there is no frenzy and you wait on the return to go all in ?

its okie better luck next time maybe with legendary familiars and red familiar cards this summer you will get more luck
    80% boss dmg legendary familiar > lag,adele skill dcing.content bugs...

• iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited June 2020
    what is it that you plan on spending so much nx on by the way?
  • ArlongArlong
    edited June 2020
    I was mostly planning to buy bonus potential cubes, guardian scrolls and return scrolls.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited June 2020
    Don't spend a bit if you want to have a healthier game tomorrow. Being able to beat a boss is not worth the amount you may have to spend to boos/perfect your gear when everything is left to chance.

Use those $100 in another game, or food, or save it because the world is on fire right now.