[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff item so I can train anywhere

MargoVioletMargoViolet
Reactions: 820
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Always thought it would be so much cooler to train back at Ellinia mushrooms, or Hene Golems, Dungeon Kargos, etc for some of my lvl 230+ training because it takes so long. CLP gets super repetitive. I think allowing us to apply some sort of buff that makes all mobs give you X exp based on your level would
A ) Spread out prime map usage - Even in Aurora it can be hard to find a good map lvl 230+ (i.e. clp)
B ) Reduce the redundancy of the game - spending 4-5 hours a level at the same map for 10 straight levels is honestly boring. Some people play this game yet stop training because its so boring. This would reallly solve one of maples biggest game-play problems.
C ) Revitalize unused mobs. Nobody is training at Lycaons or Kargos or all these fun maps anymore because they're only (sometimes) used by super low levels. You would be getting more value out of all the areas of the game you spent time developing.
D ) Nostalgia sells - you already know it Nexon. People training back in Victoria would be a huge hit. Be innovative and think of a way.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2020
    Bad Idea.

The new meta would shift to the mob dense map in the game. Also, players high level players will now be competing with new players who are merely trying to get through their tutorials.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    Nostalgia sells
    you already know it Nexon
    People training back in Victoria would be a huge hit.

m9hqtTL.png

And please, spare me the usual retort of "but OSRS". OSRS runs on a paid-subscription model, so unless you'd like to explain yourself out of that particular hole, don't even go there.

Also, I just realized that in the same post, you claim that clp gets "too repetitive" and that "nostalgia sells". You must not have played a whole lot back then because the game was literally nothing but repetition, it just happened to be localized to a different set of maps.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    no
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited June 2020
    What you want good sir is for nexon to make all training areas relevant at their respective levels. Not an item that uproots mob levels completely, could you imagine coding something like that? Geez I'm not even a dev and I can see the apocalypse of a project that would be.

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2020
    The closest thing you can get is an overhaul for Evolving World which follows you up to level 180. The mob's appearances, music and background can be altered, but the mob names cannot be changed. If Evolving World scaled to 275 and drop arcane symbols, droplets and nodes, it would be nice change.