[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Patch Notes available earlier.

HuskyDMHuskyDM
Reactions: 3,745
edited June 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have no idea why patch notes are made available after the patch is applied these days. Patch notes should be available a week in advance at least, by that time its pretty obvious whats going to be added so why not post it right away.
FuhreakTurtlesRock

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I have no idea why patch notes are made available after the patch is applied these days. Patch notes should be available a week in advance at least, by that time its pretty obvious whats going to be added so why not post it right away.

I don't know what you consider "these days" but patch notes haven't been "made available after the patch is applied" in years. It's always a day or two before the patch.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    I don't know what you consider "these days" but patch notes haven't been "made available after the patch is applied" in years. It's always a day or two before the patch.

Worst I've seen in my time here is patch notes going up about 30 mins to an hour after the game came back up. And that was years ago at this point. Old forums. Pretty sure Artasi was still the community manager, to give perspective to the time.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited June 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote: »

I guess I've only noticed it now, or I've just played other live services game and noticed it, but still that doesn't take away from the main point. Just now the patch notes went live about a day before the actual patch. That's still a bit too late.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    I think it's probably to avoid people from abusing bugs they're about to fix and they're so under staffed they spend most of their resources trying to get the thing together and do patch translation last minute.
    There is evidence to support this since we've had several times were something that doesn't even affect GMS get into the patch notes.