[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hatchling badge not applying

ThompsThomps
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: user interface, functionality

Brief bug summary: After obtaining and equipping the Hatchling badge in the new familiar system, the passive bonus doesn't seem to be applied.

More details: as in comparison with combat orders, which shows the +x next to the skill in the skill tab, the same effect does not appear for the badges, so i have no idea if the effect is actually applied or not

Steps to reproduce: Obtain the hatchling badge via the familiar system and see if the effect applies

Character name: Thomps

Character level: 254

Character job: Pathfinder

World name: Luna

Date and time of the incident: 24/07/20 18:04 cest

XU6aUyl

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2020
    It works like the old leafre codex set and empress set effect. It only raises skills below their maximum level by 1. It is not a free, permanent combat orders. Never has been.
  • HawkerzHawkerz
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2020
    First of all, I apologize if I am not supposed to comment here and this goes too off topic.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It works like the old leafre codex set and empress set effect. It only raises skills below their maximum level by 1. It is not a free, permanent combat orders. Never has been.

Out of curiosity, what is the wording in the old leafre codex & empress set effect?

Because the Hatching Badge basically says: "All Skills +1 (Except 5th job skills which go up to the skill's master level).
    Combat orders specifies "Further raises 4th job skills that are already at master level".

The current thing that Hatching Badge does is literally nothing, eventhough the wording suggests that it will raise 5th job skills that are below master level.
    So either the wording of the effect is totally wrong or the effect does not work. And this has been tested out, even having a non-maxed skill out of 5th job does not get the +1 all skills.

Lastly:

The amount of time it takes to farm this badge is a lot, it is really hard to get knowing that you need Dragonoir, Leviathan, Griffey and Manon for it. Thats 4 bosses and if it is supposed to be a Beast Tamer only badge its just bad design. Please fix this in the near future.

- Hawkerz
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited August 2020
    Hawkerz wrote: »
    First of all, I apologize if I am not supposed to comment here and this goes too off topic.
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Out of curiosity, what is the wording in the old leafre codex & empress set effect?

Because the Hatching Badge basically says: "All Skills +1 (Except 5th job skills which go up to the skill's master level).
    Combat orders specifies "Further raises 4th job skills that are already at master level".

The current thing that Hatching Badge does is literally nothing, eventhough the wording suggests that it will raise 5th job skills that are below master level.
    So either the wording of the effect is totally wrong or the effect does not work. And this has been tested out, even having a non-maxed skill out of 5th job does not get the +1 all skills.

Lastly:

The amount of time it takes to farm this badge is a lot, it is really hard to get knowing that you need Dragonoir, Leviathan, Griffey and Manon for it. Thats 4 bosses and if it is supposed to be a Beast Tamer only badge its just bad design. Please fix this in the near future.

- Hawkerz

it basically is supposed to be a beast tamer only badge. leafre set (old set) was never a combat orders replacement. it was like that for years it said it wouldn't raise above max level. i agree that for the difficulty to get the badge, it should be worth it for more than just beast tamers (even still isnt worth for them). but at that point it needs to do more than just "+1 all skills" maybe give it ied again aswell, or att / matt% idk

to add on though, its bugged entirely, it doesnt raise any skill by 1 point, regardless of level. just tested it on my beast tamer and it doesnt work. its bugged and hopefully gets fixed. i just spent a good chunk of mesos to finish the badge only to find out its bugged. not to mention the time it took farming.