[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Explorer] - Emperss' skills [Warrior]

ShanochiShanochi
Reactions: 1,050
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This Empress' skill quests are only available through explorers classes with the completion of the quest called "Empress' Might". This thread is only entitle for warrior section only.

To make this short, the skill [Soul Driver] is extremely useless, especially the hit box (range). Not to mentioned the amount of time we put into this quest (approximately 156-439 hours in total) of grinding and praying for the drops. (This also included the amount of time that 2x drop rate buffs/coupons + 2x Events were anticipated).

To make it clear, most of the explorer warrior skills are not well designed for grinding in the current stage of the game. especially when there will be more open map (Larger than the one Kiritas and Black Haven). Not to mentioned, the current stage of the skill is only designed for "fun" so basically it has no mean or way to used in the actual battle or even off field (even killing low level monsters like snails).

I suggest that..
1) Either removed the skill from the game (quest reward) and replaced it with a better reward.
or
2) Improve the range of the skill.
or
3) Revamp the skill into a better one.

All suggestions and opinions are welcome. Let me know what do you guys think.
  1. Do you think Empress' Might skill [Soul Driver] need some fixed/revamp?8 votes
    1. Yes, the current stage of the skill is terrible.
       88% (7 votes)
    2. No, because this skill is meant for fun-activities outside of Maple battlefields.
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Honestly the skills were outdated and underwhelming when this whole mess was first introduced, I can't see them going back to touch it up, especially with V on the front burner over in KMS and on the horizon for us and other regions.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    I prefer they put time and effort into other things that will help more the game or are just more important.
  • ShanochiShanochi
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Honestly the skills were outdated and underwhelming when this whole mess was first introduced, I can't see them going back to touch it up, especially with V on the front burner over in KMS and on the horizon for us and other regions.
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

I prefer they put time and effort into other things that will help more the game or are just more important.
    I agree with you guys about the upcoming 5th Job Patch that will be hitting the corner soon (12 days i believe?), but it's been way too long to actually not considered this as a minor issue regarding about this. I played almost all warrior classes and all of them lack of grinding tools (Aside from Dawn Warrior).

In fact, nearly every single players avoid doing this quest due to low drop rate probability and useless reward. Even back way before people suggested that Nexon should increase the drop rate for Lunar Dews and Element Orbs 5-6 years ago. Nothing was done. (Even though Nexon confirmed that the drop rate were intended this way).

I honest doesn't wanted to wait another 5+ years to see changes to the reward or removed from the game (depending how Nexon work their way around). Additionally, It wouldn't make sense to put a large chunk amount of time and effort to obtain such a rubbish reward.

In my opinion, with the new improvement inside the community and forum, I believe this could be another chance for us as a player to make a change things that could have been done a long time ago. I might not be able to convince all the players out there, but maybe there is still a chance to change their mind about this topic.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    The skill is really fine as is. I believe the skill has a Holy Element tied to it so if you're fighting Undead monsters it would be really powerful against them. Too bad Nexon got lazy with elemental monsters a long time ago and either gave them resistance to every element (including physical), or weakness to no elements at all. The quest is a waste of effort since being able to equip equipment 10 levels above you is nothing impressive, but if you're a thief/mage it could serve some use to do.

As a thief, it gives you free drain, which only DB has.

As a mage, you can use it to apply an extra DoT or fight enemies weak to fire if you're an I/L mage or Bishop.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    You need to remember what these skills were created for.

They were given automatically to Ultimate Adventurers, as an inheritance from their Cygnus Knight predecessor (you could only create a UA if you had a max level (120) Cygnus Knight and did a certain tedious collection quest on it). At the time, these skills were very powerful.
    It was unfair to existing regular Adventurers that the new Ultimate ones would forever be stronger than them (due to having all the same skills plus the Cygnus skill), so a way was devised for them to earn the skill. Long and tedious but it was actually worth it back then.

Nowadays, however, we can no longer create Ultimate Adventurers and all classes got revamped in such ways that the Cygnus skills are novelties only. Not worth the effort, but then so is much of the old content and quests in the game. No reason to remove them as long as they're not harming anything, and the people who worked for them might want to show them off or even have a use for them occasionally. But also no reason to put any effort into revamping them. And no reason to make the quest easier. (BTW, your "approximately 156-439 hours" looks very silly. Do you know what "significant digits" are? You'd have been better off just saying "hundreds of hours").

If explorer warriors deserve better mobbing skills, those skills should be built into the classes, not acquired through a painful questline. I can only speak for Crusaders/Heroes: We don't need Mihile's Soul Driver, buffed or otherwise. All we need is for the cooldown on Shout to be removed. And possibly a better 5th job skill, but I reserve judgement until I experience it in action.
  • ShanochiShanochi
    edited November 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

The skill is really fine as is. I believe the skill has a Holy Element tied to it so if you're fighting Undead monsters it would be really powerful against them. Too bad Nexon got lazy with elemental monsters a long time ago and either gave them resistance to every element (including physical), or weakness to no elements at all. The quest is a waste of effort since being able to equip equipment 10 levels above you is nothing impressive, but if you're a thief/mage it could serve some use to do.

As a thief, it gives you free drain, which only DB has.

As a mage, you can use it to apply an extra DoT or fight enemies weak to fire if you're an I/L mage or Bishop.
    Soul Driver has the same range as 4th Hero, Paladin, and Dark Knight main attack, which mean you are basically using main attack with different animation. Aside from that, the skill hit-box doesn't always work as intended because the range of the skill is too low.

Almost all Thief classes have some amazing mobbing skills and extremely squishy. Therefore Drain benefits them in many way.

Flame Wheel is another great mobbing station skill for mage classes even though they already exceeded their mobbing capacity (other than Bishop).
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

They were given automatically to Ultimate Adventurers, as an inheritance from their Cygnus Knight predecessor (you could only create a UA if you had a max level (120) Cygnus Knight and did a certain tedious collection quest on it). At the time, these skills were very powerful. It was unfair to existing regular Adventurers that the new Ultimate ones would forever be stronger than them (due to having all the same skills plus the Cygnus skill), so a way was devised for them to earn the skill. Long and tedious but it was actually worth it back then.

Nowadays, however, we can no longer create Ultimate Adventurers and all classes got revamped in such ways that the Cygnus skills are novelties only. Not worth the effort, but then so is much of the old content and quests in the game. No reason to remove them as long as they're not harming anything, and the people who worked for them might want to show them off or even have a use for them occasionally. But also no reason to put any effort into revamping them. And no reason to make the quest easier. (BTW, your "approximately 156-439 hours" looks very silly. Do you know what "significant digits" are? You'd have been better off just saying "hundreds of hours").

If explorer warriors deserve better mobbing skills, those skills should be built into the classes, not acquired through a painful questline. I can only speak for Crusaders/Heroes: We don't need Mihile's Soul Driver, buffed or otherwise. All we need is for the cooldown on Shout to be removed. And possibly a better 5th job skill, but I reserve judgement until I experience it in action.
    Not everyone has the luxury, time, and RNGesus to get them to obtaining Lunar Dews/Element Orbs (depending on their classes).

Aside, that is an estimation amount of time that i ran through my Hero to collected Lunar Dews + 50 Light Orbs for Empress Might + Max level Soul Driver to test out my luck dailies regarding to ridiculous low drop rate. If you managed to actually finished all quests and max out your Empress' skill (As Hero) under 10 hours-ish or so. Kudo to you all. It's just simply show that you have a lot of time to waste, all the luxury drop rate coupons you can spent, and amazing RNGesus is on your side all the time.

There is the reason why Nexon revamp Hero's Shout, simply because funded Hero can easily one-shot mobs at a larger range. Removing cooldown will only make it worst and people will start complaining again. Not to mention that 5th Job is right around the corner, if we were be able to keep the old Shout... Hero would have probably been the second best mobbing classes out there in this generation.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Shanochi
    Shanochi said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

They were given automatically to Ultimate Adventurers, as an inheritance from their Cygnus Knight predecessor (you could only create a UA if you had a max level (120) Cygnus Knight and did a certain tedious collection quest on it). At the time, these skills were very powerful. It was unfair to existing regular Adventurers that the new Ultimate ones would forever be stronger than them (due to having all the same skills plus the Cygnus skill), so a way was devised for them to earn the skill. Long and tedious but it was actually worth it back then.

Not everyone has the luxury, time, and RNGesus to get them to obtaining Lunar Dews/Element Orbs (depending on their classes).

Aside, that is an estimation amount of time that i ran through my Hero to collected Lunar Dews + 50 Light Orbs for Empress Might + Max level Soul Driver to test out my luck dailies regarding to ridiculous low drop rate. If you managed to actually finished all quests and max out your Empress' skill (As Hero) under 10 hours-ish or so. Kudo to you all. It's just simply show that you have a lot of time to waste, all the luxury drop rate coupons you can spent, and amazing RNGesus is on your side all the time.

There is the reason why Nexon revamp Hero's Shout, simply because funded Hero can easily one-shot mobs at a larger range. Removing cooldown will only make it worst and people will start complaining again. Not to mention that 5th Job is right around the corner, if we were be able to keep the old Shout... Hero would have probably been the second best mobbing classes out there in this generation.
    You don't seem to have understood anything I said, so I'll try to rephrase.

These skills were created to compensate for something. That thing no longer exists. Therefore compensation is not necessary. Therefore the skill can be allowed to remain useless.

I never said it takes 10 hours. I got max Soul Driver on my Hero, back when Brandish was our 4th job mobbing skill. I also got max Flame Gear on my Bishop around the same time. I know how long it takes.
    What I'm saying is, if you can't spare the time, don't do the quest. You're not missing out on anything, since the skill is useless nowadays.

Nexon Korea claims to have balanced all classes, as they are, without "ultimate adventurer" skills. If you say explorer warriors need better mobbing skills, make a suggestion for better mobbing for those classes, not for a change to the questline or the skill. A class shouldn't need to do a long quest to get a skill that would make it measure up.
    Ivangold
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Most of the UA skills are really pathetic now, but I don't want any of them revamped because if they are changed Nexon might take away the only source of drain that NL have access to
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

I want to see it changed into a final attack type skill. So it's like, when you're hitting mobs with a mobbing skill, Soul Driver has a chance to activate like final attack. Same animation and number of hits and stuff. I don't think it needs any range increase because warriors are suppose to fight like men.

For bossing, Soul Driver should change into Four-Point Assault when using Enraged Raging Blow, Blast and Gungnir's Descent. 320% damage, 6 number of attacks with the last hit being critical.
    Dawn Warrior didn't fight like a man...... what make you think all other warrior classes will? <_<

Aside from that... it's not like Nexon willing to bring back 0 CD Shout again. Knowing the fact that many funded Hero were abusing in HoH and Amory as far i as know before the another Red Patch Hero revamp.

• JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

Jorjax
    Jorjax said:

DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

I want to see it changed into a final attack type skill. So it's like, when you're hitting mobs with a mobbing skill, Soul Driver has a chance to activate like final attack. Same animation and number of hits and stuff. I don't think it needs any range increase because warriors are suppose to fight like men.

For bossing, Soul Driver should change into Four-Point Assault when using Enraged Raging Blow, Blast and Gungnir's Descent. 320% damage, 6 number of attacks with the last hit being critical.
    Dawn Warrior didn't fight like a man...... what make you think all other warrior classes will?
    You're right, Dawn Warriors fight like girls.
    I was talking about explorer warriors, not sure where you got Dawn Warrior from. The thread starter wanted a range increase on this specific skill. >_>
    I can't think of any other warriors who has higher skills range above all other warriors.. so Dawn Warrior came into my mind. Aside from Zero, I don't considered Zero as warrior...... simply because they're OP.
  • BaconRagerBaconRager
    Reactions: 1,210
    edited November 2016
    I must say I have made a post similar to this before suggesting it to Nexon on the old forums, it was quite detailed. I even suggested putting a skill (cant think of any atm so as an example) such as rage from dawn warrior onto an ultimate.
    A different note to go on too would to be every X levels you get double the hyper SP(HP/MP, crit versions not skill).