[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Pre Big Bang Server

PowBowPowBow
Reactions: 600
edited September 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Some of the top MMORPGs are bringing out a old school version of their game, and in some cases they have been more popular. Honestly MS2 was a disaster, but I truly believe if a old school server was released, people would play it and old school players that quit would also come back to it. Obviously you couldn't make it completely the same as the original pre big bang era, but you could tweak it and bring back very awesome nostalgic moments. You could almost have like a reset button and add new things that could take the game into a new direction, and have another shot at redoing the wrongs that were brought to the game before. It could also kill the private server base which is a win-win for you. Players coming back and also private server problem solved.
  1. Should Nexon make a Old school Maplestory Server?1 vote
    1. I would try it out
       0% (0 votes)
    2. I wouldn't try it out
       0% (0 votes)
    3. They should definitely make it
       100% (1 vote)
    4. They should definitely not
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    Per the forum rules:
    HHaBG3z.png
  • PowBowPowBow
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2020
    Wait I don't understand, I'm just giving a suggestion on what would probably bring back a lot of players so maplestory can be popular again. I understand they have a rule like that, but its just plain stupid. Literally this suggestion kills 2 birds with 1 stone, but as always Nexon, just doesn't follow statistics what so ever and will always be left in the dust by other games. The only reason they would have a rule like that is because they know the game was more popular and active during those times , but they wouldn't make as much money from it as now, which is just plain childish for them as they can see mapelstory is dying year from year. I don't dispute they are making money from year to year, but come on, don't they actually care about the game itself other than seeing it as a cash cow? And that cash cow wont be going on much longer if they keep going in this money hungry way. All they are doing is adding new content with same way of getting equips and I mean all the events give the same rewards now, just boring. They never actually think about what worked in the past and try to actually work hard to implement it into the game now. They really just need to scale back on bringing in new items that you need to pay. Literally 100% community knows its pay to win except the new players( if there are any). Obviously people will defend it, like there giving 2x exp, giving new items every week, all these minimum requirement items to even get started playing this game. Everyone that plays this game pays or paid in the past for any type of item. Pay to win is not a good category for a game to be in and this game is already in that category. Literally Nexon bought other games and added to their archive of game lists for them and not 1 of them is even reomotly popular amoung teh gaming community. The gaming community has grown 10x from 5 years ago and still nexon's games has shrank 10x. I mean any person with a brain can tell whoever is calling the shots needs to lose their job, because this position is not for them.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2020
    I'm not even going to pretend to have read an unformatted wall of text.

All you need to know is that one single person was so persistent, so utterly and thoroughly boneheaded and single-minded that he could not make one single post, one single thread, without it revolving around "old maple" in some way. He ultimately annoyed everyone to the extent that a community manager finally added the above screenshot to the forum rules.

I can't stress this enough. Officially, the reason the rule was added was due to the incessant spamming of threads on the matter; unofficially it was added just to make him stop.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Close reason: Old school server discussion, as stated above.

Please review the code of conduct.
This discussion has been closed.