[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Obtaining Tyrant Gloves from Kritias

MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
Reactions: 200
edited November 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I will also post a tldr; below if you dont want to read this wall of text. I play on reboot and i want to collect all the tyrant equipments to satisify my ocd lol.

I just finish the kritias questline to unlock the shop and it cost 400 coins for the gloves. Now the gloves themselves arent too special it is inferior to Absolab gloves and Arcane gloves in almost every single way. The problem is how long it takes to get the item. It requires 400 kritias Commerative Coin, a single coin is equivalent to 1200 anti-magic and 1 anti-magic stone. This comes out to a total of 480,000 anti-magic and 400 anti-magic stones, but lets forget about the anti-magic because the stones is where the problem resides. To obtain a anti-magic stone i have to complete a "weekly quest" which will reward me 3 anti-magic stones, with 52 weeks being in a year i wouldve compiled a total of 156 stones if i have not missed a single week in that year. Now to collect a total of 400 coins it would take 2 years and 30 weeks. Now thats an absurd amount of time for an item that has no set effect, worst than Absolab and Arcane, AND if the items gets destroyed from star forcing it would take another 2 years and 30 weeks to obtain again.

Now here are my suggestions.
-Lower the coin cost
-Increase the number of anti-magic stones that are rewarded from the weekly quest
-Change weekly quest to a daily quest (daily timeframe would be around 134 days or 20 weeks)
-More options/alternative methods to obtaining anti-magic stones
-Make the coins universal per world similarly to legion coins
-Make the anti-magic stones tradable so i can do the weekly quest on multiple characters and put them in storage

I believe the best solution is a balanced combination of the above suggestions. I wouldnt mind using a significant amount of time to get equipment, similarily to gollux coin runs. But i think its fair to say the timeframe to get the gloves are excessive and a change is needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)
Lemme know your thoughts!

tldr;
Cost
-Tyrant gloves = 400 coins
-1 coin = 1200 anti-magic and 1 anti-magic stone
Total Cost
-400 coins = 480,000 anti-magic and 400 anti-magic stones
Time
-3 anti magic stones per week
Total time
-400 anti magic stones = 2 year, 30 weeks
Cons
-Gloves are inferior to absolab/arcane
-If blown from SF would take another 2 years, 30 weeks to repair

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    The latest update to KMS removes Kritias Invasion as well as the Hekaton boss (that GMS never had). This makes Tyrant Gloves completely unobtainable, unless KMS creates a new way for obtaining the gloves (for example, from the same coin shop that sells Tyrant Belts and Shoes).
    MrkevinHaHa
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Aside / from what AKradian said about the potential changes, you're completely leaving out the the stones you can get from the daily Kritias Invasions
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Aside / adding on from what AKradian said about the potential changes, you're completely leaving out the the stones you can get from the daily Kritias Invasions. meaning you can
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Aside / adding on from what AKradian said about the potential changes, you're completely leaving out the the stones you can get from the daily Kritias Invasions. meaning you can get
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Aside / adding on from what AKradian said about the potential changes, you're completely leaving out the the stones you can get from the daily Kritias Invasions. meaning you can get glove in 12 days if "have not missed a single" week /
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Aside / adding on from what AKradian said about the potential changes, you're completely leaving out the the stones you can get from the daily Kritias Invasions. meaning you can get glove in 12 days if "have not missed a single" week / invasion.

Also, Kritias used to be daily quests but they moved it to weekly quests.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    Aside / adding on from what AKradian said about the potential changes, you're completely leaving out the the stones you can get from the daily Kritias Invasions. meaning you can get glove in 12 days if "have not missed a single" week / invasion.

There are more options to obtain stones, you just didn't look into it / ignored it.
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020
    YinYangX wrote: »

There are more options to obtain stones, you just didn't look into it / ignored it.

• MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020

Is the invasions a solo thing? Everytime i participate, no one is there and the health bar doesnt go down while im defending.
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020

Is the invasions a solo thing? Everytime i participate, no one is there and the health bar doesnt go down while im defending.
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020
    This is weird. Why are my responses duplicating lol.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020
    This is weird. Why are my responses duplicating lol.

It's forum bug, it auto posts when it auto saves / when you preview.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020

It's meant to be a group thing, but very few people run it. I heard people used to do it in
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020

It's meant to be a group thing, but very few people run it. I heard people used to do it in Reboot since that was the only way to get gloves since no trading. Might want to ask for help from your guild / buddy list.

You need to kill the mobs and they drop items that make the health bar go down a bit.

It is possible to so
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2020

It's meant to be a group thing, but very few people run it. I heard people used to do it in Reboot since that was the main way to get gloves since no trading. Might want to ask for help from your guild / buddy list.

You need to kill the mobs and they drop items that make the health bar go down a bit.

It is possible to solo if you have frenzy + drop rate stuff.
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020

It's meant to be a group thing, but very few people run it. I heard people used to do it in Reboot since that was the main way to get gloves since no trading. Might want to ask for help from your guild / buddy list.

Well rip i just read some kms patchnotes and theyre removing kritias completely. I hope that means people will start doing the content for some of the rewards before they remove it.
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020

Well rip i just read some kms patchnotes and theyre removing kritias completely. I hope that means people will start doing the content for some of the rewards before they remove it. Kms patch notes doesnt say anything about alternative way of obtain tyrant gloves either after removal but i hope they put it in the magnus coin shop.
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020

Well rip i just read some kms patchnotes and theyre removing kritias completely. I hope that means people will start doing the content for some of the rewards before they remove it. Kms patch notes also doesnt say anything about alternative way of obtain tyrant gloves after removal of kritias but i hope they put it in the magnus coin shop.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited November 2020

Well rip i just read some kms patchnotes and theyre removing kritias completely. I hope that means people will start doing the content for some of the rewards before they remove it. Kms patch notes also doesnt say anything about alternative way of obtain tyrant gloves after removal of kritias but i hope they put it in the magnus coin shop.

Kritias itself isn't being removed, only invasions and Hekaton as AKradian pointed out; the weekly quests are still there.
    YinYangXMrkevinHaHa
  • MrkevinHaHaMrkevinHaHa
    edited November 2020
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

Kritias itself isn't being removed, only invasions and Hekaton as AKradian pointed out; the weekly quests are still there.

Oh i miss read his response lol. Thank you for clarifying. If weeklies are still availible I really hope they make some adjustment to the anti-magic stones then because 2 years and 30 weeks is just insane.