[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mob Pulling Effect of Wind Archer & Kinesis 4th V

TikusTikus
Reactions: 700
edited November 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi there. Not sure whether if this is intended or not so I'm just gonna leave it here instead of bug reporting. This issue occurs for both 4th V of Wind Archer and Kinesis, I'm not sure if other classes has the same effect or if they behaves the same. Personally I do not play Kinesis, I just saw videos of the skill have similar effect and issue.

Basically, both of their V skill has a pulling/suction effect which periodically pulls further mob towards the skill center where the damage occurs. However, for ground mobs (which is 99% of the mob), the pulling effect does not pull mobs vertically cross platform, rather it only pulls them horizontally along the platform they are on. The mobs still ends up on the same platform, and not into the skill center. For flying mobs though (such as legion dragons) the skill does pull them towards the skill center.

I would like some clarification on whether this is intended or not. I just don't see the point of implementing a pulling effect if it doesn't actually work cross platform. For Wind Archer at least, the skill already travels horizontally so it will hit the mobs on the platform the skill center is at anyway, so there is not need for them to be pulled in, the problem is for the mob on platforms above or below.

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited November 2020
    Tikus wrote: »
    Hi there. Not sure whether if this is intended or not so I'm just gonna leave it here instead of bug reporting. This issue occurs for both 4th V of Wind Archer and Kinesis, I'm not sure if other classes has the same effect or if they behaves the same. Personally I do not play Kinesis, I just saw videos of the skill have similar effect and issue.

Basically, both of their V skill has a pulling/suction effect which periodically pulls further mob towards the skill center where the damage occurs. However, for ground mobs (which is 99% of the mob), the pulling effect does not pull mobs vertically cross platform, rather it only pulls them horizontally along the platform they are on. The mobs still ends up on the same platform, and not into the skill center. For flying mobs though (such as legion dragons) the skill does pull them towards the skill center.

I would like some clarification on whether this is intended or not. I just don't see the point of implementing a pulling effect if it doesn't actually work cross platform. For Wind Archer at least, the skill already travels horizontally so it will hit the mobs on the platform the skill center is at anyway, so there is not need for them to be pulled in, the problem is for the mob on platforms above or below.

It's a bug and they will fix it. This bug was also in KMS, but GMS folks don't like fixing bugs despite them being known for 6+ months. They prefer to copy paste patch as is with bugs and then copy paste bug fix patch after. It's less work that way
  • TikusTikus
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2020
    Great, at least I know now that it is a bug.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2020
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    It's a bug and they will fix it. This bug was also in KMS, but GMS folks don't like fixing bugs despite them being known for 6+ months. They prefer to copy paste patch as is with bugs and then copy paste bug fix patch after. It's less work that way

Nice disingenuous post that glosses over the fact that gms has no local dev team and everything, including the bug fixes you're on about, is handled in Korea by an overseas team.

But hey, don't let that stop. You haven't yet.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited November 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Nice disingenuous post that glosses over the fact that gms has no local dev team and everything, including the bug fixes you're on about, is handled in Korea by an overseas team.

But hey, don't let that stop. You haven't yet.

Another nice nexon lawyering by masterdebator of the forum that glosses over the fact that they still have the ability to fix bugs without having to wait months after KMS fixs. They fixed Papulatus spawn bug immediately, same time as KMS did. And please spare me the pathetic excuse of the bug being "game breaking" bug and is different blah blah blah. They can still fix bugs on time and in advance for the ones that were already shown AND fixed in KMS. More importantly, this is what they should be doing, but they're just not doing it. I recall wonderfully hilarious first 1+1 star force event bug tha got fixed in KMS 6 months before it came to GMS. They knew the bug existed and had ability to release the event without the bug, but they didn't. They ended up closing down AH for days just like KMS did.
    Yeah, clearly I'm being disingenuous because I want a game company to fix bugs that have already been fixed in other region for over 6 months. Guess I'm being too entitled lol. I forgot how super hard it is to implement already made bug fixes in SIX FREAKIN MONTHS