[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Levle 224 I/L should I have, an Ice Strike node?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited January 2021 in General Chat
To quote a Refift question :
So the primary node I use as a 233 I/L is Chain Lightning/Lightning Orb/Frozen Orb. As these are the main attacks you use. And then as the sub node you wanna use Blizzard/Elquines/Thunderstorm. But once you start training in Limina I hear you're supposed to use Ice Strike as it works better than Chain lightning.

To which there was acomment:
are you serious? i thought ice strike was weak since it's a 3rd job skill

I realize that I am a serious amount of grind away from Limina, but I could start on a node now & have it levelled up by the time I get there.

Is it worth it?

Comments

• Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited January 2021
    Mawg wrote: »
    To quote a Refift question :
    So the primary node I use as a 233 I/L is Chain Lightning/Lightning Orb/Frozen Orb. As these are the main attacks you use. And then as the sub node you wanna use Blizzard/Elquines/Thunderstorm. But once you start training in Limina I hear you're supposed to use Ice Strike as it works better than Chain lightning.

To which there was acomment:
    are you serious? i thought ice strike was weak since it's a 3rd job skill

I realize that I am a serious amount of grind away from Limina, but I could start on a node now & have it levelled up by the time I get there.

Is it worth it?

There's no point of preparing for something that is "serious amount of grind away." You may want to quit I/L mage for being a trash class and switch your main in the meantime, a patch that makes I/L mage's chain lightning better mobbing skill might come out, or a new 5th job mobbing skills for I/L mage can come out in the future. Don't enhance ice strike node unless you need it for mobbing right now.
    Mawg