[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tera Burning should be longer or more concurrent

zeratul117zeratul117
Reactions: 110
I think the Tera Burning event invites old players to play the game more often. It unlocks the possibility of consuming important content faster. I came back to play with some friends, and we were playing some hours occasionally.

We played for a week, and then the event was over without getting to LVL 200. After that, we just got discouraged and stopped playing. I know that it is pointless, but I am sure that some people agree with me out there.
SenzuBean

Comments

• SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    Reactions: 775
    edited January 2021
    True
    Tera Burning events usually are for veteran players to make more characters for the Legion System.

People who come back to the game get exp coupons, but the grind is still heavy for someone who isn't used to maple (I remember how slow it felt -.-)
    I remember my first attempt to coming back to Maplestory on Tera Burning I hit ~Lv.130
    Left for a bit and the flame ran out.
    I don't really feel like the time limit gives a sense of urgency for a game with such low playerbase

Maybe it's best for Accounts to have 1 MAX TERABURN CHARGE
    You get the charge everytime a teraburn event happens but cant go over 1.
    And this Tera Burning Effect will be indefinite in effect once you use it after the teraburning event you got it from
    This is very useful for players trying to get into maple and getting through the maple grind
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2021
    Semi-saying this light-hearted, semi-rudely.

Or you guys can be like the old player base who never had a burning event and grinded all the way past 200 with no level skips.

Tera Burning is roughly a month long, you basically just have to lvl up twice a day, and even with just capping coins you should be getting ~40-50% a level if you're grinding on the right monsters, even with no coupon or other exp boosts.

The whole point of events is to take advantage of something during it's limited time, versus game content which is available whenever at your convenience.
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited January 2021
    Well this is supposed to be how it works
    But if you think about it, new people/returners don't really come in maple often
    How would they know if there an event if they don't know maple exists until they have an epiphany about playing again.
    With such a low playerbase we gotta make it easier to come in
    Because the grind can easily demotivate you more than the time limit of burning will drive you forward

Us veterans know the pain of 0.01%/s exp grinding past lv200 after all so we can handle the faster lv 1-200 training and a much appreciated burning boost

For a newcomer the difficulty is more steep
    They haven't been attuned to the grinding yet
    Gotta give them a hand up to break through
    You get me?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2021
    SenzuBean wrote: »
    Well this is supposed to be how it works
    But if you think about it, new people/returners don't really come in maple often
    How would they know if there an event if they don't know maple exists until they have an epiphany about playing again.
    With such a low playerbase we gotta make it easier to come in
    Because the grind can easily demotivate you more than the time limit of burning will drive you forward

Us veterans know the pain of 0.01%/s exp grinding past lv200 after all so we can handle the faster lv 1-200 training and a much appreciated burning boost

For a newcomer the difficulty is more steep
    They haven't been attuned to the grinding yet
    Gotta give them a hand up to break through
    You get me?

I mean if the 1-200 grind kills them, than post 200 they would just drop the game and not even bother, which doesn't help the game and makes them waste the whole 1-200 time instead of just the 1-whenever they lost motivation/event end.
    "You get me?"

Event times are spammed on patch notes, in game event list, event quest list, item expiration timers, etc. The fact the game tells you about the burning event when you make the character and choose to make it burning invalidates your argument not knowing an event. If they "don't know about the event" then they wouldn't be taking advantage of it or be affected it ending during their 1-200.

The whole point of limited time events is to motivate players to play and grind during the time, not after. If that doesn't motivate them enough to play, then what will? Definitely not just sitting on the burning effect for how ever long.

Lol, "Us veterans know the pain of 0.01%/s exp grinding past lv200 ". How about "Us og's know the pain of taking months to reach lvl 30 before Big Bang". MS is an rpg, grinding comes as a package with any rpg, and even then, there's plenty of theme dungeons, boss content, etc before lvl200. If someone can't handle grinding, maybe MS/RPQ's isn't for them.

You're whole example of the Teraburning charge doesn't even match up to your argument about new players. Unless new players only join during a teraburning event, they won't get a charge. If a player decides to join, like right now (with teraburing over), then they'd be in the same situation without teraburning or a charge and your "solution" doesn't cover that situation. Meaning your charge solution only applies for the people that have been playing and didn't bother to properly finish burning, not new players.

So, no, I don't "get you".
  • SenzuBeanSenzuBean
    edited January 2021
    Hmm I guess you're right
    but chill out though man...