[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.254 - Midnight Carnival - Ludibrium Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to Proceed with Story Mode Will in Esfera

CriesiuCriesiu
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Crashing when reaching the third stage of Will in story mode

Brief bug summary: My character keeps crashing every time I attempt to fight the story mode boss for Esfera. I can fight the two stages of Will just fine, but when moving onto the boss's third stage's cutscene, I keep crashing. I am unable to complete the fight with Will to finish the story mode content.

More detail: I tried fixing my resolution and have tried using my other computer and got the same results.

Steps to reproduce: Accept the quest for "Esfera: Mirrors in Mirrors". Talk to the mirror beside Melange and go to Diffraction Hall (Story Mode). Proceed to fight Will during his first stage and second stage. When moving onto the third stage's cutscene, your character will crash.

(if not covered in the summary)

Character name: Xicco

Character level: 235

Character job: Cannon Master

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: March 27, 2021, 11:25 a.m.

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2021
    I will forward the bug report, but since other people are not having this issue, it is likely something specific to your character. It would probably be looked at faster if you make a Customer Support Request (ticket) at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net

Meanwhile, did you try:
    Removing cash equipment?
    Unequipping gear that has skills or unusual effects?
    Not using familiars?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,655
    edited March 2021
    Try repairing the game files in the Nexon Launcher setting or steam setting.
    If that fails, try reinstalling Maple Story.
    If that also fails, try on another computer.