[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change Frenzy Totem functionnality & .............

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited July 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
(To complete the title) Change Frenzy Totem functionality & give players more access to Frenzy Totem

I am writting this suggestion, to share my idea how giving players more access to Frenzy Totem. Of course, we don't want Nexon to remove right away the effect of Frenzy totem in the map after the caster seller leaves the map without finding a simple solution to fix this.

Players who already own a permanent Frenzy Totem will keep their totem as permanent, but its effect will no longer stay in map when changing map. They can cast no limit as usual.

Now, to not remove the Frenzy Totem accessibility, i was thinking of something temporary, we can use anytime in the day and at a maximum of hours in the day for certain number of times monthly. Analyzing the average number of hours the players are trying hard to grind to level or meso farm usually in a week or even a month. So, it gives me an idea, looking below:

I would like to suggest creating Frenzy Totem Coupon obtainable from Cash Shop under Convenience. The coupon will last 3 days. Once the coupon is used, the Frenzy Totem will appear in Cash Tab and with this in inventory, it will unlock the skill. This totem expires 24 hours after purchase, BUT it will have some restriction. This Frenzy Totem from Cash Shop will have 10 minutes duration like the current Frenzy Totem (not affected by %buff duration or %minion duration), 10 minutes cooldown (for accidental use of daily cast) AND 24 casts. Analyzing the current Frenzy service per cast/hourly, the current meso market ratio and how much I think the Frenzy Totem should cost for cumulative 4 hours, this should cost about 3.8k-4.2k nx (or maple points). This can be used for any convenient moment of the day which is actually pretty good. However, we will have the right to get a maximum of 8-10 Frenzy Totems PER month which is the equivalent of 30-40 hours of Frenzy Totem effect monthly !! Of course if 4 hours is too much for the price you gotta pay the Frenzy Totem in Cash Shop, we can change the number of casts per totem to 12 casts and put expiration time at 12 hours after purchase. The Frenzy Totem will disappear when all casts are used or when it expires. The expiration time can be extended if there is a maintenance like any other Cash Shop items. We cannot click on a new Frenzy Totem Coupon as long as the Frenzy Totem is still in the inventory, but we can hold multiple coupons.

Of course, Nexon can think of a solution to accomodate players according their budgets by creating multiple sorts of Frenzy Totem with different quantity of casts. If anything, 8 Frenzy Totem with 3 casts each. The price will be proportional to what I listed above.

Now, some of you may start to worry about Wild Totem coupons future by asking me if these will stay in Reward Point Shop. My answer will be a big YES!! They will stay in the shop. So players who cannot afford these Frenzy Totems.

And finally, for certain who wonder how the cast system of Frenzy Totem will work, this will work similiar to certain skills which have a certain quantity of cast getting cooldown on each cast recovery up to max capacity. Except, for this Frenzy Totem, of course you cannot recover number of casts. You can see the remaining number of casts on the skill icon if you assign it on quickslot, on skill itself when reading its description on beginner tab and also on the Cash Item itself.

I came with this idea to fix the issue with some maps monopolization, make this game more healthy and give all players access to this type of map enemy respawn enhancement. Fixing this monopolization issue also means even more players can grind anytime of the day mainly the most busy time. But this will also allow players to grind late at night when there is '' no frenzy seller'' available.

Comments

• ThomMedalCollectorThomMedalCollector
    Reactions: 910
    edited July 2021
    or frenzy gets put back in marvel machine / philosopher book :mushdab:
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited July 2021
    There is the reddit post:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/ou9twf/change_frenzy_totem_functionality_give_players/

I have talked with a friend and he heard that most ppl are already bored after 1 hour of training. So maybe give 40 Frenzy totems months which contains 6 casts for 950-1050 NX each.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited July 2021
    or frenzy gets put back in marvel machine / philosopher book :mushdab:

This should be an option only if Nexon applies my suggestions

1-Remove effect immediately at the moment the caster leaves map.

2-Insert Frenzy Totem coupons with limited quantity of stacks.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited July 2021
    I like how we have to add conditions and limitations to appease nexon in the hopes that they may consider it. Spawn enhancement should be all or nothing. Otherwise there will be no end to this issue.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited August 2021
    pepe wrote: »
    I like how we have to add conditions and limitations to appease nexon in the hopes that they may consider it. Spawn enhancement should be all or nothing. Otherwise there will be no end to this issue.

You should at least think that multiple frenzied maps may cause server lag, no? At least it happens in populate worlds like Bera. We can mitigate some issues by a lot if we put limitations. For game balancing, character progression speed gap between multiple players and even more. You must realize some players have difficulty to find Frenzy sellers and/or get a map.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Reactions: 1,625
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2021
    thrakkes wrote: »
    There is the reddit post:
    most ppl are already bored after 1 hour of training[/b]

I think this is the biggest problem that totems have brought to the game for me. Prices in GMS are adjusted (and too much so...) to higher spawn rates from totems, so doing any training without totems feels like a waste, yet totems last 2 hours so it feels like a waste to use them without grinding for 2 whole hours. Why not make 15 min, 30min, and 1 hour versions of totems for lower costs in reward points.

They already don't give 2 hour exp buff coupons, they always give them in intervals of 15 or 30mins, so why are totems 2 hours only? It's just restrictive and highly encourages casual players that are easily burned out by excessive grind to overgrind and quit the game.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited December 2021
    Any thought about this recommendation Nexon?