[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Inventory, client and sound effect bugs

KointsuKointsu
Reactions: 210
edited November 2021 in Bug Reporting
Hello, my first bug will be - empty slot in my ETC inventory. It cannot be filled with anything. It looks as in the picture below. [img][/img]image.png

Second of all - my game constantly crashes every some time. It gives my different error codes, but most of the time it doesn't give me any feedback at all. What can I do? Should I post those error codes?

Finally, after I play the game for some time when I switch my characters - song from the last map stays and overlays the current one with the latter still being played. Usually it happens with arendtmil theme.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2021
    It sounds like you're suffering from a memory leak. Restarting your computer might clear some of these issues up.
  • KointsuKointsu
    edited November 2021
    Thank you for the answer, here is one the errors, I'll check memory usage and update it here.image.png

Nieznany host = Unknown host.
  • KointsuKointsu
    edited November 2021
    I don't know if I understood you right, memory leak is a memory depletion?

So I checked my memory whilst in the game and it displays as follows: image.png

For convenience: CPU, Memory, Disc, Wi-Fi, Grapghic processor.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2021
    A memory leak is when a computer program doesn't properly free up the memory it was using to run. Typically this results in the program crashing after it uses up all available computer memory and cannot run anymore.
    In Maplestory, this is usually indicated by missing assets, overlapping assets, skills not hitting properly, and weird BGM issues, typically followed by the game crashing.

This is usually fixed by doing a restart or a full shutdown of your computer. In extreme cases, uninstalling and reinstalling might help as well.
    Kointsu
  • KointsuKointsu
    edited November 2021
    Is there any kind of permanent way of fixing this, or should I expect my MS client to crash every now and then (pretty often I would say).
    I expanded my memory by a half before I even installed the game, thus it is peculiar for me that this happens.