[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Recharge on a game or put real $ into mobile game

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited December 2021 in Off-Topic Discussion
Hey all. Just out of curiosity, and also because I am bored, I wanna know what you guys think...
I have been playing Azur Lane (japan server) for close to a year now and it's really not a game where you need to recharge or spend $ on,
but I enjoy having more resources all the time in case I need it down the road.
Is it really a smart idea to spend $ on mobile games or games in general? I'd think money should be well spent or saved for the future.
But after spending close to 1k now, I am not sure if this is regret I am feeling or whatnot, because I could have saved up all that money.
Being at the age of 27, I feel now is the crucial time to be saving up, who knows how demanding my future is...
own house, maybe a girlfriend down the road, and then children after that, so many things demand so much money, come to think of it.

Sure, it's the fun we are looking for when we spend that money, but is it worthwhile comparing to saving up a great of money instead?
How do you guys feel about this? What do you guys think? Would appreciate some in-depth, constructive insights!
p.s. I dont have loans to pay off and I am done with college already, no more stupid, boring exams, homework, or class stuff.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2021
    Paying for games, mobile or otherwise, is the same as paying for a Netflix subscription, concert tickets, or a trip to Disneyland. It's entertainment. You pay money to (hopefully) enjoy yourself, not as an investment for the future. It's perfectly normal and accepted.
    Obviously one must budget according to one's means, but there's nothing inherently wrong with spending money to have fun.
  • EyesFityEyesFity
    Reactions: 200
    edited May 2022
    AKradian wrote: »
    Paying for games, mobile or otherwise, is the same as paying for a Netflix subscription, concert tickets, or a trip to Disneyland. It's entertainment. You pay money to (hopefully) enjoy yourself, not as an investment for the future. It's perfectly normal and accepted.
    Obviously one must budget according to one's means, but there's nothing inherently wrong with spending money to have fun.

I pay for PS Plus because it is the only method to play online, and I also pay for Prime Video, which grants me access to Prime Gaming. My laptop is quite old and no longer performs as well as it once did.
    As you can see, the world's major economies are active in the E-sports industry. We have identified various subscription-related aspects of the market. You'll learn about the E-sports subscription industry and how E-sports subscription management system can help you discover new business prospects. If you're already engaged gaming and E-sports, subscriptions for your E-sports services could be a new revenue stream for you.